Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4S prices | August 2017

Almost a year into my 996 C4S ownership :thumbs: I wouldn't trade it for anything. Good to see the market picking up, I bought at the right time given the current prices!

BlackTurbo said:
Be interesting to see how many actually sell at those prices.

3 of the 4 C4S's at RPM now sold!

thesmithsUK said:
BlackTurbo said:

WOW :eek:

Bought mine just over 3 years ago - looking like a bargain now!

Should have listened to all of you when you told me to get the blue C4S at Brookspeed. :frustrated:

It does look like all prices (apart from mine!) are heading upwards.
Debating whether its worth having another "discussion" with the wife now and trading up before they are all out of reach!

C

May be worth taking some of these values with a pinch of salt; I've recently bought a C4S from a dealer (~77k miles) and "only" paid £22k for it. It's in good nick but I don't think it's jumped that much in two months!

A year ago, I was looking at similar mileage cars for circa 18K so there has been a shift. Demand always fuels supply and there is a lot more press out there about how prices are going up ...

On a related note. A friend has just been offered 37K by Porsche to buy back a Gen 2 997 that he bought from them for 32K - Now if that's not a clear sign ... :dont know:

This popped up not far from me, at the time it was listed at a price of £16950, with 130K on it I thought this was a keen price if it stacked up. I was just about to make contact and went back to the ad a day or so later to get the contact details and it's now listed at £26950.............. really for that kind of mileage and no mention of engine work, decided to give it a miss

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

IanG1 said:
This popped up not far from me, at the time it was listed at a price of £16950, with 130K on it I thought this was a keen price if it stacked up. I was just about to make contact and went back to the ad a day or so later to get the contact details and it's now listed at £26950.............. really for that kind of mileage and no mention of engine work, decided to give it a miss

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&page=1

That must be a typo? Then again to sell at 16,950 they must have got it for £12/13k which also seems very unlikely. Aren't castle well known for being high priced anyway?

As a relatively new c4s owner i'm taking all these values with a huge pinch of salt. As much as i love my car i would not be paying £25+ for a low miler tbh. I think the ones that do sell for that are from say rpm technik where you'd expect a warranty which you can rely on etc...

Fyi i paid £19k for my 100k mile c4s tip in may but has full hartech engine rebuild 20k ago. I've since spent £1.6k getting it up to standard and i'd still like a detail and a few other things doing so even though prices are rising you still need to add a few K on top of whatever you pay IMO. Be nice if mine did tip over £20k in value but even with the work i'm not sure there would be buyers out there for a 'high' miler.

thesmithsUK said:
BlackTurbo said:

All 4 of the examples at RPM now sold...

From what I can tell, investing in a C4S at the moment at say £18 - £20k with up to 100k miles covered should be a fairly safe bet so long as you're mechanically sound. All the wide body variants have stood the test of time very well and the 996 will be no different IMO. CAP values have pretty much gone up by around £500 in last 12 months but you can chuck the guide out the window if it's desirable spec/colour. Interesting to see private sellers advertising at pretty much same as trade in many cases. Owners will help to drive values up over time

on a lighter note.... i was gathering some Insurance quotes a few days ago... one of the comparison sites automatically gave my car its value apparently based on the current market..... a trade in value of just over £8k! erm...

mr gill said:
on a lighter note.... i was gathering some Insurance quotes a few days ago... one of the comparison sites automatically gave my car its value apparently based on the current market..... a trade in value of just over £8k! erm...

8k£... oh dear, if only they were all the price of a 986/987. Insurance companies do have at least some humour..

Computer says Nnooo :grin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back