Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hello, new member and owner of a 996 C4S Speed Yellow

Great work and good to see an update, rather fancy a set of the reclining carbon/leather seats that D911 offer myself.

We need to see some close up pics of the 18mm rear spacers!

:thumb:

Some great mods there buddy
I'm planning to do the same with my steering wheel
And would love the seats if only they tilted forward to allow the kids in when required once in a blue moon

Precisely the issue I have! I did think it maybe possible to fabricate a custom bucket mount with a sprung loaded pin which when withdrawn allows the whole seat to tip forwards on front mounted hinges (ala 356 GS/GT seats) but would be a gamble to order them to see if this works in the available space.

Thanks guys. I shall get some pics with the RSS spacers, looks so much better. Regarding the GT3 seats, they are brilliant. However, if you want to use the back seats, you will find it impossible :?:

996lee, if you want your steering wheel done, contact Jack at Royal Steering wheels. He worked his magic on mine and I cant fault it.

What engine & gearbox Oil are you guys using in your 996s?

Top work yas.

Cool 924 and the 4S is coming on great. LSB M3 too. What a fleet. :thumb:

As for oil everyone I know is running 10/50 millers.

Also. The seats look fantastic. I'll be doing my interior but much further down the line. Buckets, Cup steering wheel etc. I'm torn between the Carbon GT3 reps like yours or Recaro SPGs/pole positions.

Yours look much better than pole positions, being carbon etc but I know what I'm getting with Recaros. Those D911 ones are a bit of an unknown quantity as far as testing and standards go. No denying they look the best though. It'll be a tough choice when I get to that stage. :thumb:

Thanks Marky, its quite a collection and ever growing :) picking up a Guards Red 944 soon (924 might be up for sale soon).

You won't regret the GT3 reps, great quality and look the part. But you can never go wrong with Recaro Pole's :?:

Phil, thanks its slowly getting there, certainly stands out from the average 996. All mods are reversible and can be returned to stock for the purists.
Brilliant, I will order Millers Nano 10w50 for my service. Any advice on gearbox oil?
Yes, ACF50 is brilliant stuff. Already have a bottle :thumbs: Great for plastic trim too.

Welcome and congrats; I love the racing yellow.

Thanks Speedtrap 8)
I am guessing your GT3 RS is in Racing yellow???

That really does look stunning. The seats alone.... Surprised at the price tbh

Winny911 said:
Price seams reasonable to me

Winny

too reasonable imo. even with 76k on clock i would expect this to get stronger money tbh.

No I still think the price is right.

Yes it is a nice colour but how many people actually buy yellow? Most people go for resale grey / silver.

Also being a press car some people say it gives it provenance and adds interest. Yes that is true but the down side is some of the press drive with no mechanical sympathy and will have ragged it from cold

Then again it has done nearly 80k now so if anything was going to go bang they abuse it would have happend by now.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back