Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Brake Discs, Pads, Goodridge Hoses & RF-650 Fluid

AdeD

Sao Paulo
So my front Brake Discs were looking a little worse for wear with heat cracks coming from the drilled holes so i bit the bullet and decided i'd replace all 4, the rears were actually ok but i thought i may as well do the whole lot together... While i was at it i've been increasingly frustrated with the spongyness of the brake pedal so new Goodridge hoses and RF-650 brake fluid was also ordered. The Discs and Pads are Porsche OEM.
Fitting was done at Collins of Probus, a local garage to me in Cornwall, well i say local it's an hours drive but it's the only garage local'ish that i trust, their work is meticulous with incredible attention to detail.
I now have renewed confidence in my brakes (always a good thing lol) and a nice firm brake pedal... happy days :)

brakes1.jpg

brakes2.jpg

brakes3.jpg

brakes4.jpg

brakes5.jpg

brakes8.jpg

brakes9.jpg

brakes10.jpg

brakes11.jpg

brakes12.jpg

Good call Ade, I just did mine new pads discs braided lines and
Gulf Competition RF racing brake fluid.
as you say brakes feel good again . I do think considering how cheap braided brake lines are it should be a no brainer for everyone with a performance car to do. :thumb: :grin:

Those discs did look a little worse for wear...

I changed my discs, pads, fluid and lines in the spring. The fluid came out dark brown, according to the motorsport shop. It wasn't me as I'm pretty kind to brakes, and they never truly went off, but I was left wondering if the OPC had actually changed the fluid a year earlier. It was pretty funky stuff.... :dont know:

Now, thankfully, I can brake with confidence again. Which reminds me, my other car now needs some brake-TLC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back