Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top 5-10 997 Mods for £100-£2,000???

James M-S said:
£11 great mod, remove that minging number plate plinth, and buy a fully legal stick on plate from dmbgraphics.

Like that - would Never have thought of it either - Nice. Gotta love an £11 mod :thumb:

Dan

3 New Mods this week... :)

Been a Great week for the Porker... :thumb:

1 - Gundo Hack this morning by Paul. OMG thats more like it !!! Love it :bandit:

2 - Red front seat belts ! Look great - great mod on the black beast. Goes well with the res S and the big red callis.

3 - 15mm space all round. Pops the 19''s right out.

Cheers

Dan

Attachments

• img_3769_109.jpg
    img_3769_109.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 4,399
  • img_3770_166.jpg
    img_3770_166.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 4,399
  • img_3771_305.jpg
    img_3771_305.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 4,399
  • img_3774_198.jpg
    img_3774_198.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 4,399
  • img_3773_100.jpg
    img_3773_100.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 4,399
Looking good Dan, And the slippery modding slope begins :grin: :grin: dont forget to hide all the receipts from Mrs.911DG and Lie through your teeth about what they actually cost :grin: :grin: :thumb:

LOL this is NOT my first rodeo :). She knows nothing .... ! Spacers and seat belts - why bother the other half with such trivial matters :grin:

911DG said:
LOL this is NOT my first rodeo :). She knows nothing .... ! Spacers and seat belts - why bother the other half with such trivial matters :grin:

:grin: :grin: :thumb: absolutely they have so many other things to worry about :thumb: :wink:

911DG said:
James M-S said:
£11 great mod, remove that minging number plate plinth, and buy a fully legal stick on plate from dmbgraphics.

Like that - would Never have thought of it either - Nice. Gotta love an £11 mod :thumb:

Dan

Nice one James ....£11...between that one and Gummi Pfledge so far for the best value mod !!!!

Dmb graphics is my next mod ... Going out to the garage right now to look at that .....!

Norfolk & Idea said:
nigel99 said:
If its a Gen 2 then I'd recommend the Hayward and Scott center silencer bypass. Bargain for £400.

Gen 1 id replace the PCM with an aftermarket unit.

Also, either gen, H&R lowering springs will make a noticeable improvement to the stance, especially with the 15mm spacers.

I love the (lightly) slammed look and 15mm spacers. I made inquiries about it but was told it will compromise handling. Err, so that was the end of that. Open to differing opinions.

I had mine dropped 20mm on H&R springs with 15mm spacers and love it. On a rough country B road there is some occasional scraping but on any other roads it's an improvement and looks awesome.
I'm picking the car up from dove house today after they have MOT'd, fitted the DSC TPC module (and a few other bits). I'm looking forward to seeing what difference the module makes!

Attachments

• img_1134_209.jpg
    img_1134_209.jpg
    978.5 KB · Views: 4,221
RJW1881 said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
nigel99 said:
If its a Gen 2 then I'd recommend the Hayward and Scott center silencer bypass. Bargain for £400.

Also, either gen, H&R lowering springs will make a noticeable improvement to the stance, especially with the 15mm spacers.

I love the (lightly) slammed look and 15mm spacers. I made inquiries about it but was told it will compromise handling. Err, so that was the end of that. Open to differing opinions.

I had mine dropped 20mm on H&R springs with 15mm spacers and love it. On a rough country B road there is some occasional scraping but on any other roads it's an improvement and looks awesome.
I'm picking the car up from dove house today after they have MOT'd, fitted the DSC TPC module (and a few other bits). I'm looking forward to seeing what difference the module makes!

That looks totally awesome..... Great photo.

RJW1881 said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
nigel99 said:

Oh Good God now you've got me thinking about another Mod - getting her lowered 20mm on those H&R springs !!! Yours looks awesome.
What's the rough cost for springs and fitting ???
Does it compromise handling ????
And .... mine is already low and scrapes on car park ramps - another 20mm could be curtains ???

What do you recon ?

911DG said:
RJW1881 said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
nigel99 said:

Oh Good God now you've got me thinking about another Mod - getting her lowered 20mm on those H&R springs !!! Yours looks awesome.
And .... mine is already low and scrapes on car park ramps - another 20mm could be curtains ???

What do you recon ?

I have the same car as you. Springs were around £250 and fitting was about £600 which included a full geometry setup.

I love how it looks, handling is no different but I don't like the scrapping noise every time theres a speed bump or in a car park. I often think about switching back but then I look at it and decide against!

:grin: If it doesnt scrape then its too high :grin: if you want to sit high get a cayenne. everytime mine scrapes it just confirms I have the car at the right height and also that our roads are in a shocking state :thumb:

911DG said:
RJW1881 said:
Norfolk & Idea said:
nigel99 said:

What do you recon ?

Dove House supplied and fitted the springs with a full fast road geo set up for £900 inc VAT.

It slightly improved the body roll but the main reason for me doing it was the appearance, which I love.

Mine now scrapes the splitter on aggressive speed humps but it's a small price to pay.

I've just done 300 miles in the car and can report the DSC TPC module was money well spent, the active damping is a big improvement and well worth the cost.

Phil 997 said:
:grin: If it doesnt scrape then its too high :grin: if you want to sit high get a cayenne. everytime mine scrapes it just confirms I have the car at the right height and also that our roads are in a shocking state :thumb:

My thoughts exactly!

Evening Chaps.

I have a 2006 997.1 and current upgrades are (all recommended on this fantastic forum):
Low temp thermostat
Zunsport grills
Titanium wheel bolts
Porsche PSE exhaust (unplugged of course)
Cold air induction kit (Design 911 with K & N filter) - Phil persuaded me and it sounds fantastic!
997.2 key fobs

My question is in relation to lowering the suspension my car has 19" Carreras, I love the look of the ohlins. Do you have to fit wheel spacers? Really don't want to have to replace the titanium wheel bolts!

Cheers

Jon

Hi Jon, I'm just next door in Bagshot.

I added spacers first and then lowered but there is no reason why you would have to use spacers, it just completes the look IMO. But if you think about it 15mm is not that much. Different brands of tyres can also make an impact on the stance. If you went with 7mm spacers then I'm sure your existing bolts will be fine and its only if you go over 12mm that I think longer bolts are needed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back