Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Took the Plunge - New Head Unit

More updates;
Waze-yes speed cameras do show
Button colours yes changeable
Screen colours yes changeable, but seems very limited, 4 options ootb, appears you can add your own screen too, I'm assuming by loading thru USB.

Added info whilst we're on appearance, John Kleis installed nice porsche logo for startup screen ala pcm module.

Martyn, I dont know if you have managed to get any Porsche splash screens for your head unit , if you need some I have 3 different ones, if you PM me your email I will send them across to you . :thumb:

Slight tangent, but does anyone know if these head units generally operate with newer iPhones? I'm holding out for a new phone coming out in a couple of months but wondering whether I should wait for a while to buy a carplay head unit to ensure it works.

Phil 997 said:
Martyn, I dont know if you have managed to get any Porsche splash screens for your head unit , if you need some I have 3 different ones, if you PM me your email I will send them across to you . :thumb:

Thanks Phil, I have one, but will pm you as always good to have a choice.

Martyn1 said:
Phil 997 said:

Thanks Phil, I have one, but will pm you as always good to have a choice.

I Have emailed them to you now mate :thumb:

StephenS1 said:
Slight tangent, but does anyone know if these head units generally operate with newer iPhones? I'm holding out for a new phone coming out in a couple of months but wondering whether I should wait for a while to buy a carplay head unit to ensure it works.

Steve I never had any issues with my Alpine unit using my iPhone6 :thumb:

Thinking of a new head unit myself, I'm interested in the fit and finish of the 2Din facia, does it bow out over the climate facia below? Also is the colour and finish of the facia an exact match?

DucatiRob said:
Thinking of a new head unit myself, I'm interested in the fit and finish of the 2Din facia, does it bow out over the climate facia below? Also is the colour and finish of the facia an exact match?

Rob, the finish isn't perfect but its pretty dam close mate ,it doesnt bow out unless its badly fitted mine was flush , also some say you cant fit with the cup holders but I didnt have an issue just needs a little tweak.
here's a pic of mine in my old gen1 so you can see the fit and finish

Attachments

• img_0354_162.jpg
    img_0354_162.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 806
  • img_1009_240.jpg
    img_1009_240.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 806

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members