Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Misfire / hesitancy at 4-5000rpm fixed - advice?

Easto

So took the car in to Porsche Sheffield today for a misfire.
Turns out the actuator rod was sticking on one of the turbos.
One was replaced a year or so ago so assume it's the other side.

They have freed it up and advised it doesn't need replacing.
Is this likely to stick again quite quickly?
Do they stick because they lose lubricant or because they slightly bend or something??

Collecting car later and returning the petrol macan s , which is a lovely drive tbh

Sounds like an honest fix without giving you a heafty bill for replacing it.

I see it most of the time in my line of work, where we removed something that was sticking, took it apart, cleaned it, lubricated and reinstalled. Normally a good fix.

I wouldn't worry about it, they probably took the actuator arm off and did what i just said above. Replacing it might have seemed abit extreme if it'd just got stuck.

Good to see Porsche Sheffield looking after you

So I collected car - no charge but they said they have done it out of "good will"
The actuator not moving freely is not covered as it's exposed to the elements and not a "failure" as such.
I didn't say much as they did the work but I would not have been happy if I'd have had a big bill!
Bank A rod was replaced a year ago under warranty...

Both rods should be greased every service with a special lubricant. I bought a can of the stuff (£££ from OPC) and spray them every year or few thousand miles. There was a service campaign back in 2009, a quick Google should pick it up.

Great feedback - so they are accessible on home ramps / stands?
I'm not familiar with what's diy and good to do yourself with this car yet..

Very pleased they sorted me out.

I also asked about an x pipe where muffler was without remap and they said they would still cover the rest of the car Bt if anything failed that was attributed to a different exhaust it wouldn't be covered.

I see potential wriggle room for them if the engine let go and there was a muffler replacement on the car. Even with std cats and no remap...

Thanks.
It goes nicely now. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back