Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Flat battery?

Andyc11 said:
Thought it seemed strange there was no cranking at all and just a clicking noise when trying the ignition. Lots of light flashing and failure messages so in a way, hoping it's just the battery. Anyone any experience of this? Is it normal for a flat battery?

Just had exactly these symptoms after my car sat unused for best part of three weeks. An overnight charge and all was ok other than I initially had PASM and SPORT failure messages. A drive of less than half a mile reset everything though.

Quick update, Porsche Assistance sent the AA out who confirmed battery shot. Got it going, but said it won't start again. Could have fitted a higher spec battery for £178, but a quick call to my OPC confirmed that at warranty renewal time they'd reject and would still have to fork out for them to fit and supply. Car driven to local OPC and wouldn't start again. £399 later and my CTEK leads fitted to new battery, all sorted.

Andyc11 said:
Quick update, Porsche Assistance sent the AA out who confirmed battery shot. Got it going, but said it won't start again. Could have fitted a higher spec battery for £178, but a quick call to my OPC confirmed that at warranty renewal time they'd reject and would still have to fork out for them to fit and supply. Car driven to local OPC and wouldn't start again. £399 later and my CTEK leads fitted to new battery, all sorted.

The OPC may not like your CTEK leads fitted to the battery at warranty renewal time either........

Paul Farrar said:
Andyc11 said:

The OPC may not like your CTEK leads fitted to the battery at warranty renewal time either........

Hope they don't like them, they fitted them on my request!

Andyc11 said:
Paul Farrar said:
Andyc11 said:

Hope they don't like them, they fitted them on my request!

As I said, may not like them. Different OPCs...different postures..!

Yikes, £400 for a battery.

nigel99 said:
Yikes, £400 for a battery.

I suspect that £399 includes labour for fitting it and the CTEK leads. :dont know:

Even so, that seems really steep. I 'only' paid £250 2 years ago.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJno1
Back