Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Carrera 2 Anti Roll bar and bushes upgrade

sje00

Hi guys,

Looking to upgrade my Anti roll bars and ARB bushes on my 2000 C2 3.4,

What are the best options?
Looking for Powerflex bushes to match also.

Cheers

Keep the stock ARB's, they are very light hollow design. I think RPM Technik do a replacement set. In fact I've just checked see here
Powerflex bushes are a wise choice, due to the state the OEM rubber ones will be in after all this time.
Before ARB's though I'd upgrade the suspension and see if you still feel the need to swap the ARB's.

M030 bars are a good OE upgrade. To get them, you can use a Boxster 3.2S front bar (same size) and then you only need to find the genuine M030 rear bar which is fairly pricey from Porsche - I paid over £100 just for the rear from an independent supplier (in Germany).

Flattens the car out nicely in the corners without adversely affecting it for the road (too much will actually reduce grip on the inside wheel(s) in corners)

Good point thecarfixer. I have the M030 ARB's on mine so by stock I was referring to these above.

I have my original C2 M030 bars sitting in the garage collecting dust.

If you'd like them and you're happy to collect then let me know, I've been too lazy to list them for sale on here.

I replaced my factory fitted M030 setup with genuine Porsche M030 replacements, fantastic road suspension in my humble opinion, certainly perfect for my type driving - a fast road car that routinely tours the length and breadth of this country.

Paz said:
I have my original C2 M030 bars sitting in the garage collecting dust.

If you'd like them and you're happy to collect then let me know, I've been too lazy to list them for sale on here.

I replaced my factory fitted M030 setup with genuine Porsche M030 replacements, fantastic road suspension in my humble opinion, certainly perfect for my type driving - a fast road car that routinely tours the length and breadth of this country.

If the OP isn't interested in them can you let me know. I'm only near Kettering so not a million miles away.

Sure thing trig, I'll keep you posted :thumb:

You are welcome to the bars buddy.

The car already has DesignTek Coilovers, ARB's were next logical step for me.

gonna hijack this one real quick, my car already has ohlins road&track but stock bushes, some in sorry state - which powerflex bushing kit works for a 996 c2 (2003) ?

cvega said:
gonna hijack this one real quick, my car already has ohlins road&track but stock bushes, some in sorry state - which powerflex bushing kit works for a 996 c2 (2003) ?

If you are asking about ARB bushes, you will need to measure the thickness of the roll bars and order using that information.

infrasilver said:
cvega said:

If you are asking about ARB bushes, you will need to measure the thickness of the roll bars and order using that information.

Agreed - far more sensible to buy yourself a cheap basic Vernier gauge and work from true diameter of the bar currently on the car - you may then need to make a bit of a 'choice' from the listed Powerflex bush options

FYI - on the pricey end, but you may want to consider the GT3 rear ARB - the same size or slightly thicker(?) than the MO30 option, but with 3-4 holes on the end for additional adjustability...

I fitted mine years ago, so cant remember the exact specs - suspect it is slightly thicker than MO30, which is why I would have used the "softest" hole....
i.e. totally removing understeer or a certain degree of "compliance" between various suspension components is not necessarily desirable(!), particularly on a road (rather than track only) car

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back