Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Underdrive pulleys for 9x6 and 9x7

I saw dyno figures a while ago of about a 7 whp gain.

I like the idea of these but your water pump will suddenly be running slower, which isn't ideal especially the M96/7 engine. Any info anyone?

Valid comment.
All I can add is that my water temp doesn't seem to be any different. I have sat in a French traffic jam in 30 odd degree heat and it didn't deviate from just above the 80 mark.

It has been noted that slowing down the water pump may actually help at prolonged elevated rpms due to the oe pump starting to cavitate at higher engine speeds.

I have no proof of the above. ..just a comment I read on one of the American boards.

Had my rss under drive pulley in for a couple of years now and think they are a great cheap mod and these are half price or less of what I paid :thumb:
It's not affected temps
It has made the steering a little heavier which is a bonus imo
And the butt dyno felt the benefit again imo :thumb:

Thanks for reply Jim and thank for your feedback Lee. Going to have a word with my Indy and see if he's fitted any and if so, what's his opinion.

[Columbo voice] Just one more thing [/Columbo voice]
Jim does your pulley require the TDC (top dead centre) boss to be ground down before it'll go on?
Not sure I'd want to do that.

Thanks.

Yes it'll need a bit shaving off the boss. Still perfectly useable.
I'm not sue if there are any udp that don't require this to be done.

Ok and yes you're right they do, certainly all of the ones I've found when reading up last night do anyway.

Thanks for info.

I should have these back tomorrow ready to go

Great news on the pulleys :thumb: :thumb:

Worst case you can get a belt from Design 911

Pulley

Jim PM me payment details for belt and pulley please and I'll get it sorted!

Thanks again

John

They are here

Just looking for the belt length....think it was 2065....xxxx edit...xxxx found it...2075

Will be in touch with all interested

98CbfyH.jpg

Jim,

Could you post a link to belts please.

D911 sell 2100 which appear to long

Thanks

Just Google or eBay '6pk2075' and take your pick

Pulley

Jim,

Pulley arrived safe and sound this morning. The workmanship is superb, can't wait to fit it.

Thank you
John

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back