Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

high miler turbo

Welcome to Dubai..

Where you can pick up a .1 turbo for 25k and a 599 for 50!

e92 said:
As others have said mileage isn't a problem at all. What you do need to account for is age related things as mentioned above such as suspension and radiators. Good service history is key. The best part about having a high mileage car is that you will not mind adding miles and therefore potentially will enjoy it even more being able to drive it as much as possible. :thumbs: Also 80k isn't high mileage at all

+1 At this age and 80k expect the car to need (assuming not already done)

New rads
New coolant pipes
New exhaust fixings
Bushes, tie rods etc
Clutch possibly
And check brakes and brake lines

997s (and 996s) get a lot of corrosion around pipework and ancillaries (hot bits at the back of the car picking up salt etc)

Mines now on 87k. Had 69k on it when I bought it 15 months back, so ive done 18k since then as my daily driver. No problems at all, it had full history when I got it and the previous owner had the rads & condenser replaced. Had brand new brakes fitted when I got it. Ive had a couple of sensors replaced (£250 incl labour) a minor service and a new set of tyres and thats it.

Im now considering having it remapped which most likely will involve an uprated clutch etc. so can have the engine checked at the same time, but ive no reason to suspect it needs anything.

Mine will be clocking 90k next week. In the three years that I have owned it, the only things that I have replaced from a wear and tear perspective are top mounts, one nearside front shock and the aircon pipe that runs under the sill due to corrosion. Last week however after losing boost, I now need a new actuator motor on one side, which apparently isn't cheap.
Generally though it is sweet, starts first time, doesn't burn any oil whatsoever and purrs like a proverbial kitten.
Providing the servicing history is good , I wouldn't hesitate in buying an 80k'er :thumb:

HSC911 said:
ragpicker said:
I clicked on this thread expecting to see someone asking about a 250k + mile car. 80k miles, are you kidding me? Thats only just getting run in!

:yeah:

:thumb:

+1.

DaveH911 said:
Mine will be clocking 90k next week. In the three years that I have owned it, the only things that I have replaced from a wear and tear perspective are top mounts, one nearside front shock and the aircon pipe that runs under the sill due to corrosion. Last week however after losing boost, I now need a new actuator motor on one side, which apparently isn't cheap.
Generally though it is sweet, starts first time, doesn't burn any oil whatsoever and purrs like a proverbial kitten.
Providing the servicing history is good , I wouldn't hesitate in buying an 80k'er :thumb:

The actuators are about £600 each I believe

I think that is the price for both the actuators. Then of course labour to remove, replace and set up the tolerance on each side.

cheshire911 said:
I think that is the price for both the actuators. Then of course labour to remove, replace and set up the tolerance on each side.

Just checked my estimate from OPC Chester and they are showing at £588 plus vat each. Plus as Cheshire says, labour and the inevitable other things which need replacing.

Cheshire, as I understand it the actuators are completely different 996 v 997 and are electrical rather than vacuum - I'm sure you are aware but others may not be... Hence the likely increase in price

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back