Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turbo fender intakes

ragpicker

Portimao
Evening all,

I run a mafless tune courtesy of ES motors. My engine is currently being strengthened with some internal work and whilst its out my attention has turned to the terrible intake piping which comes through the air filter, across the back of the engine, through some tiny half inch pipes and to the turbos.

I know some guys run mafless with the filters in the fender wells feeding the turbos directly.

Anyone have any pics of their set-up or any info on how it was to install?

I do all this kind of thing myself so whilst I'm sure I could pay someone to do it, that just wouldn't be fun! :D

Your best bet is probably to have look at the American based forums such as 6 speed...the Americans seem to be braver with DIY projects. One thing I have heard about the setup you are talking about is that the filters pick up a lot of dirt and will usually need some sort of a material cover

Turbo fender filters

Picture of the rear fender filters, anyone else running a 996 turbo mafless with this setup?

Attachments

• screenshot_20210120_232837_192.png
    screenshot_20210120_232837_192.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,028

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back