Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Trackers

easternjets

I know this has been done before but I need some advice on a tracker.

My Insurance company have said that I need to activate the factory fitted tracker on my Turbo and I know from enquiring last year that it's about £235.00 through Vodafone.

So does anyone have any advice on an after market tracker that could possibly be accepted by Churchy and is not subject to a monthly charge. There is one in this months PCGB mag but it doesn't say it's Insurance approved.

Thanks in advance

http://www.trackersecurity.co.uk/

Thatcham Cat 7 approved. Great little unit & doesn't need power from the car so you can fit it yourself & even move it between vehicles.

Can you not get a quote without it - might be cheaper. Both of the times i have asked if it reduced my premium i was told it didn't!

The cars insured through Churchill, there was no mention of a tracker being used on the Gen 1 but I think due to the increased value of the Gen 2 they are insisting on one being activated.

NXI20 said:
http://www.trackersecurity.co.uk/

Thatcham Cat 7 approved. Great little unit & doesn't need power from the car so you can fit it yourself & even move it between vehicles.

Yeah but they have an annual subscription and with the purchase cost included come to nearly £400, that's 2 years subs on the one I've got as standard.

oh yes that makes sense i think it was compulsory on my M3 as that was worth a lot more than my porka :thumb:

I've had gen 2 turbo for the past few years and none of the Insurance companies have requested a tracker.

Maybe go online or call another few Insurance companies for a quote.

seeforez said:
oh yes that makes sense i think it was compulsory on my M3 as that was worth a lot more than my porka :thumb:

I've also got an M3 and a brand new M4 competition pack, no requirement for a tracker.

How much was your M3 worth?

easternjets said:
I know this has been done before but I need some advice on a tracker.

My Insurance company have said that I need to activate the factory fitted tracker on my Turbo and I know from enquiring last year that it's about £235.00 through Vodafone.

So does anyone have any advice on an after market tracker that could possibly be accepted by Churchy and is not subject to a monthly charge. There is one in this months PCGB mag but it doesn't say it's Insurance approved.

Thanks in advance

I've got a company selling the same trackers as the ones advertised I the PCGB magazine, they are not Insurance approved but a great tracking device without any monthly fees. I predominantly sell them to fit on race motorcycles.

Bikeracer1098 said:
seeforez said:

I've also got an M3 and a brand new M4 competition pack, no requirement for a tracker.

How much was your M3 worth?

It was an M3 cab it was over £50k but that was back in 2006 ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back