Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Electrical Help - Exhaust Valves

Demort said:
A 4 pin would probably be the feed / earth to operate and a potentiometer to tell the control unit its position .

Thats my guess anyways :)

My thinking too Dermot as most likely, but could be anything, assuming that all four pins are actually used :dont know:

Sorry for the lack of response I am currently away from home working so everything is on hold. I had an email from Alex @ Topgear a while back saying he would get his technician to call me as the manufacturer of the stuff he uses is in Taiwan so not the easiest to get hold of. This is the only image I have at the moment but unfortunately it does not show the connections. I will try and get some better ones once I am home. As I would love to get this working.

https://ibb.co/kfmMZv

A11ykf said:
Sorry for the lack of response I am currently away from home working so everything is on hold. I had an email from Alex @ Topgear a while back saying he would get his technician to call me as the manufacturer of the stuff he uses is in Taiwan so not the easiest to get hold of. This is the only image I have at the moment but unfortunately it does not show the connections. I will try and get some better ones once I am home. As I would love to get this working.

https://ibb.co/kfmMZv

Never seen anything like that before! There doesn't seem to be any mechanical actuation of the valve outside of the exhaust flow, unless I am not seeing something!

Demort said:
I think the bit that looks like burnt wires is a steel loop that moves the exhaust flap .. like you this is a new one on me !

Ahh...yes, you may well be right Dermot! If it were me I'd be whipping the cover off the cover off to have a peek inside, soon see how it works and how to connect it up!

Demort said:
I think the bit that looks like burnt wires is a steel loop that moves the exhaust flap .. like you this is a new one on me !

Yeah precisely it is a steel loop connecting the valve and the motor it can be removed and the valve turned by hand so I know they work at least.

Like Rob said maybe I should remove the cover to see what is in there. Once I get home and have some spare time I will try and do that and post some pics to see what you both think.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back