Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 993 this week ?

some more bits that I recently bought and have fitted, which I'll catch up when the Birch Gear Lever is fitted

- storage box
- Targa plastic handbrake cover
- part 11A

To achieve the below look, since I've now for a fix rear spoiler and have removed the rear wiper i.e. 2 redundant swicthes

Objective, fit the 993 RS console storage box and move the sunroof switch to the Targa roof switch position in the handbrake cover (cars without fixed rear spoilers)

Attachments

• 2017_08_05_15_17_53_898.jpg
    2017_08_05_15_17_53_898.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 4,410
  • 2017_08_05_15_16_04_580.jpg
    2017_08_05_15_16_04_580.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 4,410
  • 2017_08_05_15_24_45_872.jpg
    2017_08_05_15_24_45_872.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 4,410
Major service and MOT at Motortune - I like to "tinker" but for continuity of my comprehensive service history I always get a stamp each year and Peter is very good 👍

Trying a semi synth gearbox oil to see if helps the notchy shift when cold - to be honest I don't really notice as I drive around it- don't reckon it warrants a gearbox rebuild but it will probably happen at one point!

911UK said:
To achieve the below look, since I've now for a fix rear spoiler and have removed the rear wiper i.e. 2 redundant switches

Objective, fit the 993 RS console storage box and move the sunroof switch to the Targa roof switch position in the handbrake cover (cars without fixed rear spoilers)
Looks great - what did you do with the little red light (I'm sure I've got two of them)?

a/c restoratiom

A/c condenser, drier, various o rings. Evap ,valve , resistor already in stock.
I could have taken it all out as the evaporator is blown and its a long tedious job, but I like to have a/c being a northern lad (can't stand the heat) and an open window blows my fag ash all over the place. New pump already fitted, have you seen OPC prices! Following a very good walk through on pcarworkshop/pelican parts. With the help of my mate Jim @Chillout who supplied a new very reasonably priced pump. Fortunately the 944 is running like a top.

AndyS said:
911UK said:
To achieve the below look, since I've now for a fix rear spoiler and have removed the rear wiper i.e. 2 redundant switches

Looks great - what did you do with the little red light (I'm sure I've got two of them)?

Since there is already one on each door, this 3rd red light is currently just tucked up hidden from view, but ultimately this UK Dealer fit 'Hamilton & Palmer' LED alarm light will be removed.

That lower panel has the space for it, whereas the upper one doesnt, the key point being the door already have them.

Will do a complete thread on this mod.

Replaced missing tonneau cover with one from design 911.
Should have done it sooner really tidies up the lines and reduces flap and noise at speed.

Attachments

• image_815.jpeg
    image_815.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4,217
Was short of a sticker :oops: so got one from Partswise :D all in order now.

ATB :)

Attachments

• sticker_199.jpg
    sticker_199.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 4,046
a/c rad out, not a difficult job especially as the big washer bottle has gone. Followed Jackals blog and the brackets and frame are off for powder coating the 22 mm nut on the rad was finger tight! No visible leaks but the fins were crumbling. Old one by NRF new NRF one going in. Next job petrol tank out etc.

Endoman said:
a/c rad out, not a difficult job especially as the big washer bottle has gone. Followed Jackals blog and the brackets and frame are off for powder coating the 22 mm nut on the rad was finger tight! No visible leaks but the fins were crumbling. Old one by NRF new NRF one going in. Next job petrol tank out etc.

Will be interesting to see how you get on. have you already replaced the pipes and brackets that run inside the n/s sill cover?

They have been replaced twice, once by indie failed after 2 yrs. I did them myself second time and followed service bulletin. It's the evaporator thats gone this time must only be a small leak because there was still some pressure in the pipes, would stop working 2 days after regass and the dye was visible from the floor vent. I decided to do the whole system. Pump already replaced. I'll leave the drier until it's ready for a regass. Seems to be getting a common age related failure as a friend just had his 964 done. The pump itself is used on Toyotos and Volvos you just need to swap the clutch, pulley and pipe connector block. For a saving of several hundred pounds.

Treated the car to a protection detail. Minor swirl marks removed, paint cleansed and coat of wax on. All ready for the run north on the NC500 at the end of September.

36163541720_0f8846a095_b.jpg

35750998263_494b75ac62_b.jpg

tp81 said:
Treated the car to a protection detail. Minor swirl marks removed, paint cleansed and coat of wax on. All ready for the run north on the NC500 at the end of September.

36163541720_0f8846a095_b.jpg

35750998263_494b75ac62_b.jpg

Looks very good. Is the colour Midnight Blue?

Yes, Midnight Blue.

Looks top draw Tom 8) Enjoy the NC500 :mrgreen: :thumbs:

I have replaced the rear screen wiper arm. Part ordered from Car Parts 4 Less at reasonable cost I believe.

Looking at the stunning RS in previous post has me thinking about returning my iris blue 993 to original with amber front indicators to replace the clear currently fitted.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back