Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Classic Problem ?

skullbiker

I am led to believe I am by no means the first new Boxster owner to have this experience ! :lol:
Before finally giving up and sending to garage !(or the scrapyard ! the way I feel at moment!)

Story so far
What happened ? Flooded in the downpour last week – Usual symptoms – Soaked carpets, water in the underseat areas. Came in through tear in the foam tray passenger side and the drain channels blocked.
Resolved the drain problems by clearing all channels and fixing the tray.
Have got the water from the under seats.
Tried both Keys.( before the flood my key fob did not open the 2 boots/trunks
Central locking/unlocking works from the button in the car but not from key.
Windows lower/rise on door handle use, and when convertible locked /unlocked and from buttons in car.
Sitting in Car
Key in – all dash lights come on as they should. Oil check completes ok. All buttons work in car, central locking , boot openers, radio powers up
BUT will not start the car – all the dashboard lights stay on but nothing when I turn the key full right to start !
UPdate – Tuesday
Re-installed the Black box from under the seat, after cleaning & washing in Isopropyl and drying in Rice.
Everything except the central locking was working on a test drive.
THEN .....like a complete Noddy I tried to get the central locking to work from the key fob as per postings on the forums. FAIL !
Now Everything is back to the same stalemate as Monday !

Making me insane ! Anyone got any ideas ?
HELP !

986 and you will need a new alarm control unit .. it will need new keys as well , either 1 or 2 depending on what you want .

987 and you will need a new rear end control unit .. no keys as they can be reused .

When these get wet then the control units on both types have a permanent feed , this will short out in the water and destroy the control unit .. no ifs or buts .. it will kill them .. ive done hundreds and never seen one survive .

987 and if fitted you will also need a park assist control unit and possibley an alarm siren .. they changed them and sometimes the rear cu doesnt work the siren .

A little different if its a leaking water bottle under the seat but an imersion in water from a rear leak will kill them im afraid .

Both types will require codeing so a tester is needed .. if a 986 then you will also need the security codes from porsche .. called IPAS numbers .

You will also need the carpets lifted to dry them and of cource the leak sorted .

The bearer of bad news im afraid .. i think its my job here !

Thanks Demort .

Glad to get a definite response rather than ..." Mmmmm it could be this , it could be that and so called experts claiming to be able to " fix" the damaged box :x
Thanks

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back