Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED: Cayman/Boxster GTS

The nav is actually OK and the bonus its always with you with no faffing about and displays in the binnacle as well when needed.

No car nav is as good as what you can get on your phone nowadays but its still nice to have it integrated into the car :bandit:

I had not spotted it did not have nav either, must be weight saving :roll:

I still don't think it will sell quick.

Bund said:

It will be gone in a week. Buyers are now more fussy on the number of previous owners as a lot of GT4 have had 2+ and if this is a one previous owner to the buyer that's a bonus.

Zingari said:
Bund said:

It will be gone in a week. Buyers are now more fussy on the number of previous owners as a lot of GT4 have had 2+ and if this is a one previous owner to the buyer that's a bonus.

But they're just so many and isn't 79 still way over list?

Does the GT4 have a different engine to those in the rest of the line up or a tweaked version of the engine found in the R or similar?

Bund said:
Zingari said:
Bund said:

But they're just so many and isn't 79 still way over list?

Does the GT4 have a different engine to those in the rest of the line up or a tweaked version of the engine found in the R or similar?

It's got the 3.8 lump in it and when you compare price now against GT3 it represents good value apparently. Clearly it was too cheap new and Porsche could easily have sold it for 90 large. There is a thread on PH where the prices are monitored - well those being sold by OPC. There's no let up of people buying them and those holding on to them extol what a great car it is.

Trouble is they are mileage sensitivite so buying secondhand you'll accept some depreciation if you drive it but I reckon it will still hold the dough well.

I'm with Zingari, the price of good ones may never drop much below the original list price (996 GT3s never dropped much below 45k, and you still can't get a 997 GT3 for less than 80k). In which case, getting one now while it's nearly new, for 15k over list feels like a good deal. I reckon the red car will sell within a week or two.

The 3.8 from the GT3?

:nooo:

No it's not a full GT engine but from the 991 carrera S

It's the first GT car Porsche have done without a GT engine, the gearing is also not what you'd expect for a gt car. It does have gt suspension parts though

Imho the original list price reflected a none gt engined car i.e. Production costs lower but still have ffered great vfm. The second hand market immediately went crazy for the gt badge.

Ps the spider has basically the same engine

Be interesting to see what Porsche do with the 781 gt4 i.e. Will they use a NA gt engine or turbo Carrera engine :dont know:

jonttt said:
:nooo:

No it's not a full GT engine but from the 991 carrera S

It's the first GT car Porsche have done without a GT engine, the gearing is also not what you'd expect for a gt car. It does have gt suspension parts though

Imho the original list price reflected a none gt engined car i.e. Production costs lower but still have ffered great vfm. The second hand market immediately went crazy for the gt badge.

Ps the spider has basically the same engine

Be interesting to see what Porsche do with the 781 gt4 i.e. Will they use a NA gt engine or turbo Carrera engine :dont know:

I'd imagine they will ramp the price up 10-20% and stick with the cheap engine.....

Preuninger and Achleitner have both gone on record saying the 718 GT4 will be normally aspirated, and the interweb consensus seems to favour a de-tuned 4.0 from the GT3. Its been spotted testing so we may find out soon!

Now that sounds good ie proper GT engine (even if detuned) and hopefully they get the gearing right as well :grin:

I know what you mean - Im sure someone on here said they'd bought the white GT4 at TOP555, but its still on their website a month later. I guess its more likely to bring people in for a look/browse at other cars.

That red GT4 is still on Ashgoods own website though too. Am surprised it hasn't sold already, it looks great.

Wonder how much they paid for it? 75k?

I noticed another couple of cars down near 80k now, and an OPC car for 82k.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back