Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front ducts

Is that supposed to say Techart do you think :floor:
328605d1231998597-gt2-brake-ducts-new-photos-038.jpg

Hi,
I have moved my post to this thread as I think I sent to the wrong thread the first time.

Michael Taverner said:
Hi ,

I purchased some of these a while back, Have had them painted to match the car, but the lights are super dim. Need to fit leds and have inspected and tried to open the unit to change bulbs seems difficult There is a slot on the side where I could put a screw driver and leaver, but before I break something can anybody guide me please.

Images copied from jontt's page which is very helpful indeed, but does not answer my question

Michael

9MLS and Jontt

Thanks very much for your replies. Given the confidence, have got the light unit open and nothing broken. Now see what it is all about.

Thanks also for the bulb link and advice.
Michael

Re the DRls. I used the fog relay socket and wired in a DRL dimmer. The DRLs dim when sidelights are on and fog switch pulled, if you switch the fog switch off DRls work at full intensity. Counter intuitive but it works and rear fogs work as normal.
You could just pull the relay and bridge it without a dimming effect but the rear fogs only work when front fogs switched on.
I'll post a pic .
The Hella lamps are available on German ebay for fraction on the cost in UK.

This is also on the imminent list... but I'd like to retain full fog/side light capability without any change of lighting option within the ducted housing. Is this possible "off the shelf"? Have I explained that properly?

Tobesetc said:
This is also on the imminent list... but I'd like to retain full fog/side light capability without any change of lighting option within the ducted housing. Is this possible "off the shelf"? Have I explained that properly?

side light can be integrated, usually a custom job as the side light (as below) is just a small light

but then again that's not the only direction to feed air to the brake ducts

Attachments

• 2017_08_03_13_34_02_122.jpg
    2017_08_03_13_34_02_122.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 5,852
911UK said:
Tobesetc said:

side light can be integrated, usually a custom job as the sight light (as below) is just a small light

but then again that's not the only direction to feed air to the brake ducts
These are the TechArt ones supplied by Gert, pain to fit, the side light bulb holders are flimsy and fitting the brake ducting requires a bit of surgery, most people don't bother so you just get a bit more air to the rads. Turbo S ones are much nicer imho and who needs fogs with Tore's hid kit.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back