Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance renewal time

Classicline for me too.

Policy includes UK track day cover too if that's your bag. :thumb:

Thanks for the feedback guys, good selection, time to get quotes :thumb:

Also with Manning (no 's') and have been with them for two or three years now. English speakers with a good command of English which is increasingly rare these days. Includes some track days if required. Very professional although I have not had to claim so it may be a different story. I hope not.

I have also been with Competition Car Insurance who were good and about the same price. I am also with Aviva for their third party other cars cover. They are not too bad. £20 admin fee for any changes :roll: .

Sheila wheels I have found ( through my wife when she wanted me added) are cheap crap and I would put them with Adrian 'bureaucracy' Flux.

Pip

Insurance.

I shopped around but have been with E sure for 2 yrs now. Needed a new windscreen last year and they had no problem with gwtting me a genuine Porsche screen. They have been fine to deal with, although no accident claim experience. :thumbs:

Accident claim experience is key. I forgot to mention, the wife had a claim through Admiral earlier in the year and we had no problems with Admiral at all.

The only thing we didnt realise as we didnt read the small print was that unless you pay an extra premium for a "like for like loan car", you only get whatever courtesy car the repair place has - so in this case her massive Range Rover sized Ford Edge was replaced by a Corsa whilst they repaired it. Not what you want 2 days before you are due to go on a 300 mile road trip with a family of 4 and all their holiday gear. The repair shop took about 8 weeks to repair the car, due to parts being on back order at Ford. But that wasnt Admirals fault.

rabbitstew said:
Ive been with Admiral for the last 5 years although each year they seem to get slightly dearer than I can get the same cover for elsewhere. But, I stayed with them out of a misguided sense of loyalty.

This last year however they were significantly more expensive than Hastings, so I moved to them for £400 a year fully comp.

Interestingly, Admiral were also 50% more expensive than Sheila`s Wheels for the wifes car this year, so we moved her car way from them also.

:hand: Keep a note of your renewal for Admiral if it shows you have more than 10yrs NCB. Most other insurers only go up to 10 max whereas Admiral go to 15. However and despite the motor insurers database they will ask you to prove it if you ever go back to them from a policy that just shows 10yrs max.

Like a weapons grade bell-end I renew my Insurance via a comparison site and despite me putting in the actual years I have NCD invariably the policy comes back with 10yrs which I hadn't clocked. Then when Admiral came out cheaper they would only give me a good will gesture of 1 extra years NCD (making 11) unless I could produce all my renewals for the last 5 years. Needless to say I couldn't :pc:

I had my renewal notice a few weeks ago from Admiral, it was for £995 for 3 cars, the wifes Octavia, my Exeo and the 996, this was with 11, 13, and 1 years ncb yet their website lists the following as no claims allowances.

Table (i)
Average NCB Discount
Number of years NCB
for this policy
7% One year NCB
17% Two years NCB
22% Three years NCB
30% Four years NCB
30% Five years NCB
31% Six years NCB
33% Seven years NCB
36% Eight years NCB
40% Nine years or more NCB

I contacted Aviva and they quoted £595.

My Camper is with Adria Flux £213.

Mike.

Zingari said:
rabbitstew said:
Ive been with Admiral for the last 5 years although each year they seem to get slightly dearer than I can get the same cover for elsewhere. But, I stayed with them out of a misguided sense of loyalty.

This last year however they were significantly more expensive than Hastings, so I moved to them for £400 a year fully comp.

Interestingly, Admiral were also 50% more expensive than Sheila`s Wheels for the wifes car this year, so we moved her car way from them also.

:hand: Keep a note of your renewal for Admiral if it shows you have more than 10yrs NCB. Most other insurers only go up to 10 max whereas Admiral go to 15. However and despite the motor insurers database they will ask you to prove it if you ever go back to them from a policy that just shows 10yrs max.

Like a weapons grade bell-end I renew my Insurance via a comparison site and despite me putting in the actual years I have NCD invariably the policy comes back with 10yrs which I hadn't clocked. Then when Admiral came out cheaper they would only give me a good will gesture of 1 extra years NCD (making 11) unless I could produce all my renewals for the last 5 years. Needless to say I couldn't :pc:

Thats interesting. My renewal from hastings has just come through and they are saying ive got 9 years NCB when in reality ive got 25 years NCB. So I will have to have a word with them. Really hope I have my old renewal letters showing my real ncb.

What is surprising me this year is what an earth has gone on with Insurance premiums? This year the cheapest confused.com quote im getting is £550 compared to the £400 it cost me last year. One year on, 16,000 miles gone by with no accidents or claims. Thats a sizeable increase when clearly ive proven im safe risk. Hastings renewal is starting off at £650 alone!!!!

Anyone else renewing their Insurance atm and finding the same?

I've had the same shock to the system regarding renewals, my VW touareg went up by 30% and I couldn't better the renewal so stuck with the AA for now.
Another family member has a Toyota Yaris which last year was £320 with D/Line, this year it went up so I did the internet thing and it came back at £660, what is going on that's double and no claims or convictions, ever!

I'm dreading renewing the turbo in a few weeks.

rabbitstew said:
Thats interesting. My renewal from hastings has just come through and they are saying ive got 9 years NCB when in reality ive got 25 years NCB.

That's quite normal across the board :roll:

And they will tell you it's because 9 years is the max discount that you can get so it makes no difference if you have 25 years or 17 years like me :pc:

Kind of makes sense but I would prefer to see it showing xx years too :nooo:

:thumb:

HSC911 said:
rabbitstew said:
Thats interesting. My renewal from hastings has just come through and they are saying ive got 9 years NCB when in reality ive got 25 years NCB.

That's quite normal across the board :roll:

And they will tell you it's because 9 years is the max discount that you can get so it makes no difference if you have 25 years or 17 years like me :pc:

Kind of makes sense but I would prefer to see it showing xx years too :nooo:

Checked my renewal last year from Admiral and they are showing 24 years NCB so it looks like Hastings must just cap it at 9 years and sod the rest.

Interestingly I have just taken the wife off my policy and thats dropped the renewal down to £430 which is a lot more reasonable. She never drives the car anyway, but I put her on for a "just in case". I think shes covered third party only anyway on her own Insurance.

Just had a chat with Tom @ AIB so am waiting to see what they come back with.

I was always told, and it worked, that it's cheaper when you add a female onto your policy, the older the better too :?:

And I always find the a car parked on the road is cheaper than being parked on your drive and cheaper still then it being garaged :?

HSC911 said:
I was always told, and it worked, that it's cheaper when you add a female onto your policy, the older the better too :?:

And I always find the a car parked on the road is cheaper than being parked on your drive and cheaper still then it being garaged :?

Yep, mines on the road rather than the garage. I remember one year I added my 80 year old grandmother and that reduced the premium drastically. Then another year removing her also dropped it. I remember once saying the car had no alarm was cheaper also. I guess thieves cause a lot of damage trying to override an alarm etc.

The wife did have a claim earlier in the year so im guessing they are picking up on that from the Insurance database. If I remember correctly, when I first added her to the porsche Insurance it increased it slightly, but by only £20 or something.

I renewed my policy last week, this year is the first year with a full policy on the 911 when i first got it i just changed my existing policy from my old audi tt to the 911 which cost an extra £11 for 3 months cover.

for this year axa quoted me £304 for fully comp with the other half named, 10k miles and parked on the drive overnight. im 33 with 10 years ncb.

Well AIB tried as hard as they could but came back at over £1000. They said it was down to the mileage I do. The way Insurance companies see it is, that if I am doing 16000 a year I am 8 times more likely to have an accident than someone who only does 2000 a year using it as a Sunday car.

However, surely, that bloke who takes only takes his car out on a Sunny Sunday and absolutely wrings its neck racing his mates on B roads is not going to know his car as well as someone like myself who does 16,000 a year regardless of the weather. And whilst I do occasionally get to blast it down the same twisty back roads as Mr "2000miles a year", a large percentage of those 16,000 miles is poodling along in stationary traffic or cruising at 70mph on a motorway.

Plus the fact ive done 20,000 miles in the car already without crashing it, have 25 years NCB on my car and 21 years NCB on high performance superbikes, and also a clean license should sort of point that I am a safe risk?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back