Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Knock Sensor Wiring

Tomson

Hello,
I am after some advice/help please, the wiring to my knock sensor has broken at the connector end. My mechnic has asked whether I can source a new connector and some tails so he can mend it.

Porsche want to sell me an entire loom!

There are some similar looking connectors on eBay as the sensor is OEM for quite a few different manufacturers.

Knock sensor wiring issues seem quite common has anyone any experience of the right connector for the Bosch sensor, or a 3rd party repair kit?

My car is an 02 C4S if it helps?

cheers,

Tom

Can you not just fix your connector? I'd be slicing it open with a scalpel and re-soldering the wires back on.

My mechanics are trying to do it with everything still in situ, I think
It's a little cramped in there!

Although it might come to that.

I have someone on PCGB breaking a Boxster who might be able to cut me some decent tails.

Tom

I would guess the connector is fairly generic for various knock sensors but finding the correct one would be hard, what I would do is what you have said, get a used loom or end cut off and solder in. The loom is one piece and OPC don't sell the connectors separately.

All the sensor plugs are generic and I had a similar issue with a smashed cam position sensor plug on bank 2

I cut it off, cleaned it up in petrol and carefully examined it which got a part number and with that info found said plug on Amazon.com for £2.50 delivered.

Hope this helps :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back