Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

what steering wheel is this!?

L8ydg

Its a 997 gen2 PDK steering wheel the later black fascia one, they are often upgraded and put on 997 gen1 using a newer steering control module and a gen2 airbag. but I have never seen one on a 996 and the centre crest is also not straight in line on the wheel which is odd , looks like hes trying to hide that fact by having the wheel turned slightly :?: looking hard at it I dont think its a gen2 airbag so he may have cobbled it a bit which is why the crest isnt straight. unless you use the correct airbag for the wheel I would be very concerned about the safety aspect of that on in that car. but done correctly I see no reason why is cant be done to a 996 and replace those nasty buttons for gear change .
anyway that's the wheel, with the steering control unit used airbag and used wheel its a £800ish mod so not just the cost of the wheel which on ebay is a couple of hundred quid :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back