Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What did you buy your 997 this week?

Mezgerite said:
Fair play for not being Mod SHy Phil, that looks the bollocks.

:thumb: Thanks Mezgerite , mod shy is something I definitely am not mate :grin: although I have a garage full of bits that didnt do what they said on the tin :floor:

Finally brought myself a Bovee 1000 bluetooth interface for the 997 gen2 seems the best way to stream itunes and spotify etc directly to the PCM3 .Its my second attempt at getting the correct item . for any others interested it must be the bovee or viseeo 1000 for the porsche and it connects to the 30pin on your Y cable that comes with the car, Automatically connects your tunes etc when you get in the car no need for hard wiring your iphone . :thumb:

Attachments

• img_1867_380.jpg
    img_1867_380.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 3,803
Geo setup at Centre Gravity.

Well worth the 250 mile round trip - very nice and the certainly know their stuff

colour coded centre console :thumb:

Attachments

• img_1880_143.jpg
    img_1880_143.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 3,931
  • img_1881_215.jpg
    img_1881_215.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 3,931
Phil 997 said:
Finally brought myself a Bovee 1000 bluetooth interface for the 997 gen2 seems the best way to stream itunes and spotify etc directly to the PCM3 .Its my second attempt at getting the correct item . for any others interested it must be the bovee or viseeo 1000 for the porsche and it connects to the 30pin on your Y cable that comes with the car, Automatically connects your tunes etc when you get in the car no need for hard wiring your iphone . :thumb:

Hmm looks like I'll need to get me one of these!

isysman said:
Phil 997 said:

Here the link to where I got mine mate :thumb:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B52LLJ6/ref=pe_1909131_77697001_tnp_email_TE_AMZLdp_1

Phil, does it keep the battery in the Bovee charged up at the same time whilst it's in use?

Phil 997 said:
isysman said:
Phil 997 said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B52LLJ6/ref=pe_1909131_77697001_tnp_email_TE_AMZLdp_1

Damn you Phil :wack: :lol:

There was me thinking I was safe from extra purchases / mods.... Due to OPC warranty...

Had to go and buy one of these :thumb:

nigel99 said:
Phil, does it keep the battery in the Bovee charged up at the same time whilst it's in use?

Yes it does Nigel Mate. :thumb: its a fit and forget piece leave the phone in your pocket :grin:

askgeez said:
Phil 997 said:
isysman said:
Phil 997 said:

Damn you Phil :wack: :lol:

There was me thinking I was safe from extra purchases / mods.... Due to OPC warranty...

Had to go and buy one of these :thumb:

:floor: :floor: Guy you know you can rely on me to find ways to spend our hard earned :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
isysman said:
Phil 997 said:

Thanks for the link. Just bought one.

Was lucky enough to get away for a break last week and left my car with 9 Excellence for the week so resolve a few small issues and paint my rear bar and exhaust tips in satin black GTS style to match my wheels and badges. Was really happy with the end result. I would highly recommend 9e to anyone who needs any work done. Adam was great with communication whilst I was away and their work was top notch.

Attachments

• img_0769_535.jpg
    img_0769_535.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 3,602
  • fullsizerender_694.jpg
    fullsizerender_694.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 3,602
Since getting my GTS in May I've had a lot on with work and hols so not managed to do much to the car let alone drive it but with a bit more free time I've managed a few purchases. Apologies for lumping them all together...

TPC DSC - a 5 minute fit and to me makes a big difference to ride compliance. I've not had a chance to play with the programming but may do in the future.

Ceramic coating - Gtechniq CS Black and Exo. I know some people doubt the efficacy of ceramic coatings but I'm liking it so far!

A carbon fibre Flying Ducktail rear spoiler (www.flyingducktail.com). Not one for the purists I think! Not sure about this one, it seemed like a good idea at the time. I still need to have it painted prior to fitting but will give it a go and see how it looks.

Zunport grill - I tried fitting and can't get it to fit, the instructions are terrible so I'm not sure if it's my incompetence or just a bad fit.

Finally some black rear badging... my car is basalt black so I'm wondering if the black will give a 'stealth' look. I'm not sure to go with the whole Carrera 4 GTS script or just GTS. Or perhaps is will just look naff! :sad:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back