Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Silencers splitting - exhaust time for 996 C4S

INWB

Monza
Long time, no post.

My C4S is reported to have its silencers splitting so I guess it is time for a new exhaust.

My current exhaust has the gundo mod and I like the noise. I want it to sound like a crazy sports car. I used to love the pops and bangs of our cooper S and I like the howl of the gundo mod on my 996. I mainly do shortish drives (frankly I don't drive it enough) and I am planning on taking it to Stutgart later this year with perhaps a month long euro trip next year.

I went to Carnewal who has stopped the 996 stuff due to Porsche costs but still does M&M Exhausts - never heard of them.

Other option considered are the Kline exhausts. Seem loud but again not sure what to do.

Anyone help? The sound is everything but I am also noticing a softening in prices of 996s which is a bit disappointing. Mine is in great condition, one of the best I've found, but I did pay a firm price for it so price is a factor. Don't mind a grand or so.

Help me please !

Check out Top Gear Exhausts (https://www.topgear.co.uk/exhausts) - they have a very good rep on here with quite a few guys having bought from them. I intend buying a system from them once I get back home.

Hopefully there will be a few others coming along to help you with ideas as well. :thumb:

"Calling Phil997 to customer services please. That's Phil997 to customer services thank you" :D

Interesting that you think there is a softening in 996 pricing, in the early 3.4 cars it is the other way

Would you not consider just getting the silencers repaired? I know a few members have had this carried out successfully.

FRZ 911 said:
Check out Top Gear Exhausts (https://www.topgear.co.uk/exhausts) - they have a very good rep on here with quite a few guys having bought from them. I intend buying a system from them once I get back home.

Hopefully there will be a few others coming along to help you with ideas as well. :thumb:

"Calling Phil997 to customer services please. That's Phil997 to customer services thank you" :D

:floor: Thanks mate :thumb: I 100% agree with FRZ thoughts ,Top gear is the place to go for quality and price Kline are nice exhausts but I think not within your 1k budget , call Alex the sales director at Topgear tell him your a forum member and haggle 10% off their list prices. they do two sets of boxes for the 996 a mild sports and a loud sports . they also do 200 cel cats etc , look at the ad for mild sports boxes and the last video is forum member alex yates car.
I would expect you to get back boxes and 200 cell cats for under1k
Dont worry the ad says out of stock call Alex see what he has, their quality and price is so good they keep running out of stock and struggle to keep up with demand this is testament to their popularity .

These Exhausts carry a lifetime you own the car warranty

https://www.topgear.co.uk/index.php?route=product%2Fapplication_guide%2Fcategory&product_type=exhausts&price%5Bmin%5D=5.00&price%5Bmax%5D=5400.00&attributes%5B14%5D=Porsche&attributes%5B15%5D=911+(996)&attributes%5B27%5D=Carrera+4+S

If you want more info on the topgear 996 exhaust give alex yates a PM.

Many thanks (even your contribution drybear) - will give top gear a call.

I called top gear and was told they are out of stock for 3 months!!

My independent recommended Dansk. Now I know there has been loads of threads on here about the poor quality, and I mentioned this to the guys there. They said the design has been changed recently to address this issue and that it is about how you install them (i.e. correctly!)

I had them fitted a couple of weeks ago and am really happy with the nonie (not too loud when normal driving, but nice sound when putting your foot down)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back