Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Let's get more Outlaw...

Not keen on those Techarts though the ones pictured do look better than the ones I thought were the same wheel on http://www.wichers-porsche.com/onderdeel_categorie/wheels/ who have a decent used selection (I prefer the other 18" Techart on this site).

I do like the MY02 look but again, somehow I think it's wrong for my car (no idea - just a feeling).

Also tempted by 18" Sport Classic II, pictured below, which are £1250 on eBay. Think these are maybe better than the RUF?

Attachments

• s_l1600_115.jpg
    s_l1600_115.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 6,110
I've only just noticed that the Fuchs are a fair bit lighter than the TT and the SC-II. Don't have the weight of the RUF, but they don't look light.

Fuch just jumped to the top of the list!

The only ones I'd have are Fuchs Tobe. The RUF wheels don't cut it. Nor do the others. The only question is black or silver petals on a dark car. I still think Ian could be persuaded to drive out there and bring some back. Fuchs. All the way.

Each to their own but I think Fuchs are best left to pre 89 G Series 911's.
The 964 & 993 suit a more modern or Motorsport orientated wheel IMO and there are some great wheels out there if you are prepared to step outside the box. :thumb:

Check out these Forgeline GA3R's for example.

C.

Attachments

• forgeline_ga3r_1_110.jpg
    forgeline_ga3r_1_110.jpg
    653.7 KB · Views: 7,412
Those Forgeline GA3R are really cool...but very expensive! I would stick with the Victor Equipment Zehn if I go that way.

Do agree that Fuchs are a better natural fit on older models.

Toby, I think you should go for the Fuchs... and then when you get bored of them in 6 months time there will be a reasonably priced set of Fuchs for sale! :D

All those other wheels look really aftermarket. Fuchs on a 993 look great imho. Remember there's a like wheel by Porsche for 991 and 997. It's an iconic design long linked to Porsche.

The others just look generic.

they do seem to go well with Riviera.....

35184168124_6aaca459dc_b.jpg

If I ever get the money to buy a 993, I'd like to have one with Gemballa Speedline wheels

427225d1268837498-fs-18-gemballa-competition-wheels-updated-mark-s993.jpg

highway said:
All those other wheels look really aftermarket. Fuchs on a 993 look great imho. Remember there's a like wheel by Porsche for 991 and 997. It's an iconic design long linked to Porsche.

The others just look generic.

Isn't that the point. Step outside the illuminati box and dare to be different. I'm a firm believer in personalising a car to MY taste and not what is perceived correct by the beard brigade. :D

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back