Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Current 997.2 GT3s

911UK said:
not forgetting that a fair few 991.1 GT3 Owners have reached the end of their lease / finance terms are will be looking to change, enough are moving straight onto a 991.2 GT3 or cashing out their equity to other marques

so expect a few more 991.1 GT3's on the market

I'm not so sure .1 owners are the ones getting the nod on .2 cars. In fact rather unlikely as Porsche seem determined to spread the love around a bit this time.

Senoj said:
911UK said:
not forgetting that a fair few 991.1 GT3 Owners have reached the end of their lease / finance terms are will be looking to change, enough are moving straight onto a 991.2 GT3 or cashing out their equity to other marques

so expect a few more 991.1 GT3's on the market

I'm not so sure .1 owners are the ones getting the nod on .2 cars. In fact rather unlikely as Porsche seem determined to spread the love around a bit this time.

You can't generalise...it's totally down to each OPC/Dealer Group. I think every dealer is trying to allocate cars to people that will use them but after that some are not giving cars to people that may for instance have had an RS or an R but I don't think people that had a 991.1 GT3 are in the same boat...the cars are a couple of years older and are now worth roughly what they paid for them...so less of an issue I think.

9005rm said:
Saw this sold at Coys this week - http://www.coys.co.uk/cars/2009-porsche-997-gt3-3-8-generation-ii

Nice car. Proxibid has it selling at £105k plus buyers premium of just under £15k, so maybe £120k all in. Good price for the seller I think, though no warranty I guess for the buyer.

That's a very nice "Comfort" spec car with Buckets and PCCB's but £120k for a non CS car without an Porsche warranty (or indeed any warranty) is big money. You could buy a CS from a reputable dealer like JZM or 911V for that.

Seller would have got mor going SOR too as They probably netted £90k

Whats the general rule of thumb with test driving the GT3's?

My local OPC had one in recently and they wouldn't let the buyer test drive it until he took possession of it. A symptom of how mileage sensitive they are I suppose...

I've been talking to friends tonight about the 997.2 GT3 and how it is on my list for some point in the future. I'm really not into the game of keeping mileage low for the sake of value as it goes against what the car is made for, so I think I'll benefit from a higher mileage car when I get round to getting one.

Best car I've ever driven bar none - 997.2 GT3RS. I imagine the standard GT3 isnt far behind. :worship:

ragpicker said:

My local OPC had one in recently and they wouldn't let the buyer test drive it until he took possession of it. A symptom of how mileage sensitive they are I suppose...

I've been talking to friends tonight about the 997.2 GT3 and how it is on my list for some point in the future. I'm really not into the game of keeping mileage low for the sake of value as it goes against what the car is made for, so I think I'll benefit from a higher mileage car when I get round to getting one.

Best car I've ever driven bar none - 997.2 GT3RS. I imagine the standard GT3 isnt far behind. :worship:

I can sort of understand that, as poor as it sounds.

RS is quite a different feeling car though, lwfw and gearing define the drive, bit noisier inside with bigger tyres and plastic window. Both types are an event just depends what you're reference point is.

Cheib said:
9005rm said:
Saw this sold at Coys this week - http://www.coys.co.uk/cars/2009-porsche-997-gt3-3-8-generation-ii

Nice car. Proxibid has it selling at £105k plus buyers premium of just under £15k, so maybe £120k all in. Good price for the seller I think, though no warranty I guess for the buyer.

That's a very nice "Comfort" spec car with Buckets and PCCB's but £120k for a non CS car without an Porsche warranty (or indeed any warranty) is big money. You could buy a CS from a reputable dealer like JZM or 911V for that.

Seller would have got mor going SOR too as They probably netted £90k

Well if the seller netted £90k or thereabouts surely SOR would have been better? While there seems to be a price spread on 997.2 gt3s it only seems to be the comfort cars without buckets that stick around.

ragpicker said:

Very similar. The most noticeable differences are (a) the gearbox and single mass flywheel [the final drive is shorter and 6th gear ratio taller, meaning that while top ends up just a tiny bit shorter than the non-RS : the rest of the gen 2 RS box is very tangibly shorter and acceleration on full loud is consequently quicker] and (b) the range on a tank of fuel [shorter ratios and much more wing mean that at motorway speeds the RS runs out of fuel about 30-40 miles before the narrow bodied car]. The non-RS can do Calais to Barweiller (which is where you fill up with Ultimate 102 for the 'ring) without a fuel stop. The RS can't.

All of that downforce and extra tyre also makes the RSs a bit quicker for peak cornering speeds if driven by someone who knows what they are doing too, but it is under acceleration at corner exit that they benefit most over a chasing Clubsport.

Disco said:
ragpicker said:

Very similar. The most noticeable differences are (a) the gearbox and single mass flywheel [the final drive is shorter and 6th gear ratio taller, meaning that while top ends up just a tiny bit shorter than the non-RS : the rest of the gen 2 RS box is very tangibly shorter and acceleration on full loud is consequently quicker] and (b) the range on a tank of fuel [shorter ratios and much more wing mean that at motorway speeds the RS runs out of fuel about 30-40 miles before the narrow bodied car]. The non-RS can do Calais to Barweiller (which is where you fill up with Ultimate 102 for the 'ring) without a fuel stop. The RS can't.

All of that downforce and extra tyre also makes the RSs a bit quicker for peak cornering speeds if driven by someone who knows what they are doing too, but it is under acceleration at corner exit that they benefit most over a chasing Clubsport.

Top banana comparison !.... :thumb:

Senoj said:
ragpicker said:

I can sort of understand that, as poor as it sounds.

RS is quite a different feeling car though, lwfw and gearing define the drive, bit noisier inside with bigger tyres and plastic window. Both types are an event just depends what you're reference point is.

I don't think it's mileage related more likely to be the car was SoR with the OPC. That and they have to prep the cars etc which isn't cheap and a kerbed wheel or stone chip on a test drive is an expensive half hour.

"My" OPC is very good about test drives/giving you cars for the weekend etc but I know if they've got something like an RS in the showroom if the customer is known they'll given them a test drive but for someone they don't know it's a bit harder.

9005rm said:
Another 997.2 in at JZM:

https://www.jzmporsche.com/used-vehicle-details/Porsche-911-U1387/

Club sport, but lots of owners and given the exhaust, presumably no OPC warranty. No lift or carbons, though perhaps that's less to go wrong as it is a club sport. The brake disk in the picture looks a bit worn though.

I'm amazed at the price of the exhaust :eek:

Nice car for someone though.

Number of owners is irrelevant and no pccb's and no lift (which is realistically the only good reason to have a warranty) is a big bonus.
What's not to like. :thumbs:

Won't that exhaust make it difficult for track day use? I've not heard one myself but have seen videos and they seem to be race car loud

I have this system fitted to my 997RS and yes they are probably too loud for most UK tracks. They are however TUV approved so road legal. Here is a little video to give an idea of how they sound with the Akrapovic system fitted:

That sounds fantastic. Are you still in mourning?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back