Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Top 5-10 997 Mods for £100-£2,000???

911DG

Evening All

Just sat with a beer reading the "What Have You Bought Your 911 This Week" thread and it's got me thinking. A lot of the mods mentioned or discussed I've never heard of or though my of - so, ideas please :thumb:

So far I have put a front splitter on - looks ace. Replaced the silver rear S with a red S - love. Booked her in with Paul for a Gundo Hack in 2 weeks. Booked her in for 15mm spacers all around in 2 weeks.

Soooo.... what am I missing ????? Very open to ideas or suggestions to improve looks (external and internal), performance and sound.

Cheers

Dan

PS - meant to add I've seen so many adverts in magazines for a Protective Clear Coatings - anyone had one ? Load of crap ???

If its a Gen 2 then I'd recommend the Hayward and Scott center silencer bypass. Bargain for £400.

Gen 1 id replace the PCM with an aftermarket unit.

Also, either gen, H&R lowering springs will make a noticeable improvement to the stance, especially with the 15mm spacers.

Gummi Pflege FOR YOUR WINDOW RUBBERS IN THE WINTER TO STOP THE GLASS STICKING TO THEM

CHANGE OIL TO MILLERS NANO 10W50

COLD AIR INDUCTION KIT WITH BMC FILTER

LOW TEMP THERMOSTAT

ACF-50 Anti Corrosion, DO THE WHOLE UNDERSIDE , ITS LIKE A MODERN OPTION TO WAXOYLE AND WILL PROTECT ALL YOUR PIPES AND BITS HELPS REDUCE CORROSION .(keep it away from your brake discs though )

Those are probably my top 5 for all owners whether you mod or like stock.

The other things are all very much personal taste and I could give you a list of 50 things to do :floor: from 4" underdrive pulley and IPD throttlebody and plenum to 200cell cats performance wise
and carbon dipped scuttle to full aerokit body wise .
and a long list in between :floor: but I would need written permission for you to spend 10k from your wife before getting into that :floor: :floor:
but looking forward to seeing others thoughts and what a great idea for a thread. :grin: :thumb:

Note I havent even mentioned acid green accents in this post :grin: :thumb:

911DG said:
PS - meant to add I've seen so many adverts in magazines for a Protective Clear Coatings - anyone had one ? Load of crap ???

Stay away from what I've heard, better to buy a decent wax instead.

Not quite a mod, but driver training has given me more enjoyment in my car.

I'm not talking RoSPA or IAM.

It's Free if you simply watch Reg Local on YouTube. I got more benefit from reading his book, definitely a better driver as a result.

911DG said:

If you mean the ceramic coating stuff, It's a WOFT looks good to start with then doesnt get a shine anything like wax or some of the hybrid products . One of the guys down here has just had it removed from his car and gone back to polishes and is much happier with the finish. hard to beat good old fashioned elbow grease well apart from paying someone else to do the hard work while you drink coffee :floor: :floor:

James M-S said:
Not quite a mod, but driver training has given me more enjoyment in my car.

I'm not talking RoSPA or IAM.

It's Free if you simply watch Reg Local on YouTube. I got more benefit from reading his book, definitely a better driver as a result.

I have heard that good driver training is worth more than 20 bhp in the real world, good addition to the list :thumb: :thumb:

Great idea for a thread - well done that man!

For me-
Gundo (#1) £250ish
PCM swap out - varies but £500 to £1,000
Red seat belts - £200 if DIY on taking belts out
Centre console paint or carbon dip - £100-£200
Rear console lid from designLS - £150
GT3 smile vent - £100 if DIY

Look forward to following this one.....

I can just see Phil salivating at the thought of someone asking what they can spend 'their' money on!!

My only contribution to protecting the car is a 3M wrap, I'm pondering doing mine and will probably go ahead once my local Rapper has got a space in his schedule.
Spacers and lowering springs def improve the stance and looks, just look at Boba's turbo, mind you when I mentioned doing mine to a forum member he said I was off my head.

Phil - i can't believe your top mod after all the money you have spent is Gummi Pflege ! :floor:

Very practical :thumb:

easternjets said:
I can just see Phil salivating at the thought of someone asking what they can spend 'their' money on!!

My only contribution to protecting the car is a 3M wrap, I'm pondering doing mine and will probably go ahead once my local Rapper has got a space in his schedule.
Spacers and lowering springs def improve the stance and looks, just look at Boba's turbo, mind you when I mentioned doing mine to a forum member he said I was off my head.

:floor: thanks Nick, I did try and restrain myself :grin:

seeforez said:
Phil - i can't believe your top mod after all the money you have spent is Gummi Pflege ! :floor:

Very practical :thumb:

:floor: :floor: ok I restrained myself too much , but Gummi Pflege has stopped me having to get my glass retinted every few weeks through the winter
:floor: :floor: and stops that strange electric window winder clicking over and over on an icey morning but your right I was considering things that everyone not just us that like modding could do with getting . :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Gummi Pflege FOR YOUR WINDOW RUBBERS IN THE WINTER TO STOP THE GLASS STICKING TO THEM

CHANGE OIL TO MILLERS NANO 10W50

COLD AIR INDUCTION KIT WITH BMC FILTER

LOW TEMP THERMOSTAT

ACF-50 Anti Corrosion, DO THE WHOLE UNDERSIDE , ITS LIKE A MODERN OPTION TO WAXOYLE AND WILL PROTECT ALL YOUR PIPES AND BITS HELPS REDUCE CORROSION .(keep it away from your brake discs though )

Those are probably my top 5 for all owners whether you mod or like stock.

The other things are all very much personal taste and I could give you a list of 50 things to do :floor: from 4" underdrive pulley and IPD throttlebody and plenum to 200cell cats performance wise
and carbon dipped scuttle to full aerokit body wise .
and a long list in between :floor: but I would need written permission for you to spend 10k from your wife before getting into that :floor: :floor:
but looking forward to seeing others thoughts and what a great idea for a thread. :grin: :thumb:

Note I havent even mentioned acid green accents in this post :grin: :thumb:

:floor: LOL - Man i've had 911s for 13 or 14 years and ive never even heard or thought of your Top 5 - WTF???? I bow to your knowledge :worship:

Gummi what? to stop the windows sticking?
Change the Oil? From Mobile 1 (if thats what they still use - no idea, i just give the car to em and say 'due for an oil change?) what does Millers Nano do????
Cold Air induction kit with BMC Filters and a Low Temp Thermostat? You're gonna have to explain both of those too Im afraid??? :dont know:
HOWEVER - i am intrigued but all so please do tell.....

I wont even get started on the rest - IPD Throttlebody -????? :what:

Ha ha ha good stuff.

Cheers

Dan

RSS semi solid engine mounts £300
BMC air filter and Cold Air induction £300
Steering wheel refurb/redesign (jack @ royal steering wheels) £150
PIAA silicone wipers £60
LED interior light set £25

Plus other things like Supersports, Dectanes, Spacers, Dension.

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back