Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Phil 997's new C4S pt2 - now collected

Bit of an update. fitted the new colour coded centre console and akroprovik rear splitter . I have also got a new rear bumper thanks to the ins of the lady who tail ended me a few weeks ago , while it was in the bodyshop decided to get the bonnet resprayed as it had gone a bit flat .

the bonnet and bumper were done by the local porsche approved body shop which is Poole accident repair ctr.
I must say from the time I arrived for the assessor to look at the damage until I collected the car the service was first class , I was clearly concerned about the quality of the paint match so I was introduced to the workshop supervisor who took me round the site after much discussion he told me he would paint my car personally so I felt better about it . the main issue being that I didnt want panel blending and wanted a colour match without blending , blending seems to be the industry norm and is accepted by Porsche and the like.
Anyway they agreed to just paint the sections needing doing and would then call me in to inspect it not happy they would blend . photos were send of the bonnet in bare metal ready for prep and paint. when I went to inspect the car the match was spot on :worship: so no blending . the supervisor informed me he had tried a sample paint and was not happy with the match so had customised the stock colour by adding 4 drops of one of the colours anyway it was as spot on as you could get. I was them introduced to the detailer who agreed to use my polishes etc in the final prep and also agreed to use new polishing items on my car then put them into general use after. So I am very happy with the outcome and the care and attention to detail from them .

Attachments

• img_1873_107.jpg
    img_1873_107.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 4,162
  • img_1870_802.jpg
    img_1870_802.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 4,162
  • img_1881_207.jpg
    img_1881_207.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 4,162
  • img_1847_202.jpg
    img_1847_202.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 4,162
Good job Phil :thumb:

That colour blue would not be the easiest to match so they did a good job!

Like the Akropovic splitter too :thumb:

DucatiRob said:
Good job Phil :thumb:

That colour blue would not be the easiest to match so they did a good job!

Like the Akropovic splitter too :thumb:

thanks Rob :thumb:

Got my new painted door spears fitted today, another nice paint job by wicked coatings.

Attachments

• img_1911_180.jpg
    img_1911_180.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 3,942
seeforez said:
Now that looks rather good Phil :p

:thumb: I was pleased at how they turned out mate :grin: and a bit more subtle than acid green :D

Looks lovely Phil, I've always been a fan of bright blue cars.

Tunnel looks a great job again, did you go high gloss? It's the first mod I do with these cars I hate the finish from Porsche.

silvermilnec said:
Looks lovely Phil, I've always been a fan of bright blue cars.

Tunnel looks a great job again, did you go high gloss? It's the first mod I do with these cars I hate the finish from Porsche.

Yes high gloss mate, using one of their top quality lacquers :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back