Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Best mobile phone apps worth having - please share yours.

jonttt said:
I use the phone button to make calls :thumb:

I wondered who the re-release of the Nokia 3310 was aimed at. Mystery solved. :wink:

Phil 997 said:
askgeez said:
Phil 997 said:
askgeez said:
WAZE - traffic and speed cameras - uses social media . Brilliant

Cyclops - very cheap and very accurate speed camera detector app

Deezer - £10 month music streaming. Plugged into car PCM :thumbs:

Glympse - set up navigation group between friends for road trips

I have hundreds of apps

:puh:

Guy how is your deezer running through the pcm 3 and will spotify do the same
are you using one of those tune to air units viseeo etc. :thumb:

Old 4s had a dension BT500

The GTS has factory Fitted "universal music interface" in central cubby with three plugs for 3.5mm, USB and Iphone

aha so has mine, do you hard wire the iphone to it for deezer ,I was hoping to bluetooth it

Looked at the Bovee 1000? Connects to the iPhone over bluetooth and works just as if it was connected physically.

Torque(lite)= ECU code reader and a £3 ELM327 mini OBDii interface dongle, reads the error codes on all of my cars and resets CEL lights :thumb:

AmiGo by TomTom......free sat nav ...but......its best feature......fixed speed camera alerts.....

I have it setup to auto load when my phone connects to certain car Bluetooth.......it then run in the background in my pocket .....when you are approaching a fixed speed camera it makes a noise ..........saved me numerous times, usually on local roads when I'm not concentrating.......what's not to like for free :thumb:

Having watch Netflix last night, 'The Social Dilemma', I am not adding any more apps - and deleting my kids.

Compulsory viewing. From behind the mental sofa.

Great idea for a thread, a few from me;

Citymapper - works in most major cities to find your way around on public transport, but provides you with all travel options to your destination

Banking apps - these are pretty useful now, make payments or even bank cheques by taking a picture without needing to into a branch

Google Lens - this is pretty cool, take pictures of plants / wildlife (basically anything that the kids ask me a question about and I don't know the answer to) and it will return information on the image

Thanks for reviving such a good thread.

Now we've moved on a few years, does anyone have any good motoring apps recently launched on the market?

I use the MyPorsche app to make sure I have a toasty bum before I get in the car now its icy

Is that a DIY mechanics app ?

So, How come WAZE does not provide audible alerts on the approach to speed cameras unless you’re actually driving over the limit? You get a visual warning in advance but nada sound. For the techs it should be an easy add?

I’ve just downloaded AmiGO as I believe this provides the solution.

I could never get amigo to work properly

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back