Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Airbag delete

angry

Ive had a Momo wheel on for a while and when I first got it I tried the Resistors to delete the airbag light. Pretty sure I tried 2.7 & 2.9 ohm, but they didn't work.
The 993 has now failed the MOT on amongst other things the airbag light!
Ive just tried a 3.3ohm to no success.....Any ideas chaps :frustrated:

Duplicate post

Sounds like you may have another issue - I used a 2.8 ohm with no issues when swapped out to the Cup wheel. Came in a kit from Gert.......

Has the warning light been on ever since you tried installing it a while ago? Once the fault light has been triggered you'll need to get a code reader to delete/reset it (T-OBD is a good bit of kit or take to nearby indy). Apologies if stating the obvious and you've already done this. Would have been triggered and stored when the incorrect resistor circuit had been powered up. If when cleared it triggers again then agree with ColinC there's another issue, possibly the SRS control unit or with the remaining passenger bag? HTH

NottsRS said:
Has the warning light been on ever since you tried installing it a while ago? Once the fault light has been triggered you'll need to get a code reader to delete/reset it (T-OBD is a good bit of kit or take to nearby indy). Apologies if stating the obvious and you've already done this. Would have been triggered and stored when the incorrect resistor circuit had been powered up. If when cleared it triggers again then agree with ColinC there's another issue, possibly the SRS control unit or with the remaining passenger bag? HTH

Cool thanks for the input...makes sense, if a reset doesn't work I will bin the whole system...passenger as well.

Had the whole system reset, fitted 3.3ohm airbag resistor light gone. 3 miles down the road to home, light back on again :frustrated:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back