Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 C4S purchased - moving over from the 996 forum

krispe said:
Is it an early 2005? If so get the IMS bearing changed if it has not been done already, they DO FAIL (ask me how I know :sad: ) Personally I'd go for the EPS roller bearing if you do. Other than that enjoy, they are fantastic cars!! :thumbs:

Welcome :)

Did the previous owner PPI report check if the IMS had been upgraded? Or check the engine number against the known old/new IMS range to see which it has, might be a new one already!

krispe said:
Is it an early 2005? If so get the IMS bearing changed if it has not been done already, they DO FAIL (ask me how I know :sad: ) Personally I'd go for the EPS roller bearing if you do. Other than that enjoy, they are fantastic cars!! :thumbs:

Hi - it is a November 2005 registration so I guess Jult/August build date. Thanks for the heads up - I'll have to check and take preventive action. If required.

Cheers MarkC4S, seeforez and T8 - glad to be back! :thumbs:

resigner said:
krispe said:

Did the previous owner PPI report check if the IMS had been upgraded? Or check the engine number against the known old/new IMS range to see which it has, might be a new one already!

resigner, no specific reference to IMS check so I'll do the engine number check when it arrives. Thanks for the tip. :thumb:

Endex said:
resigner said:
krispe said:

resigner, no specific reference to IMS check so I'll do the engine number check when it arrives. Thanks for the tip. :thumb:

No problem, ask anyone on here who has had their IMS let go and it will likely cause a £10k engine rebuild!

It was changed late 2005, there are a handful of 2006 reg cars with the old one, yours sounds like it will be on the cusp of the change.

resigner said:
Endex said:
resigner said:
krispe said:

No problem, ask anyone on here who has had their IMS let go and it will likely cause a £10k engine rebuild!

It was changed late 2005, there are a handful of 2006 reg cars with the old one, yours sounds like it will be on the cusp of the change.

Definitely a required check! I wouldn't want that expenditure if avoidable. Do you know where the cutover is listed?

search something like IMS on this forum and you will find it easily enough. Add in engine number or similar might help!

Endex said:
Do you know where the cutover is listed?

For 3.8 engines you will be hoping the engine number is 0168509791 or later.

Lovely spec car great colour coded centre console and I like the alum steering wheels on the gen1 it looks right with the galvarno trim etc. :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Lovely spec car great colour coded centre console and I like the alum steering wheels on the gen1 it looks right with the galvarno trim etc. :thumb:

Cheers Phil - 2 hours from collection now but looks like it will be a wet one! Colour coded centre console in your car looks great, just read your thread.

Dave

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back