Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Recommend spare parts supplier!!

Gezzer

Hi there,
I'm new to this forum so please excuse my info begging!
I've just bought a 1979 3.0 SC targa which I think originates from the states (smog pump). It's in pretty good condition as it's been half restored, suspension, stearing etc already fully overhauled.
I want to do a simpathetic restoration not hardcore nut and bolt as it will be regularly driven.
The main problem is I have to replace the front wings and the oil cooler lines. Can someone advise me the best place to get them? Obviously they are astronomically priced and m looking to make some savings!!
I'm traveling to the USA at the end of the month so maybe I can smuggle some goodies back!!
Any advise gladly welcomed
Best regards
Steve

pelican parts in the us,einmalig in la,theres a place in sandiego think its called scotts,or over here design 911,but first port of call would be your local porsche dealer,,,,you would be surpised how little some of the early porsche bits are

:welcome:

Could always post up a wanted ad on here :dont know:

Any pics of the project? :camera:

Gezzer said:
I'm traveling to the USA at the end of the month so maybe I can smuggle some goodies back!!

Probably will be your best bet...not sure how you'd fit a pair of front wings in the overhead luggage compartment :grin:

:thumb:

Go to impactbumpers.com one of the guys on their (Jeremy) deals in new old stick parts for these cars. Great forum used it all the while when I had my SC and Speedster

Use Kontact in South Norwood, they source all genuine parts at trade prices and support all of the air cooled cars.

I don't think the prices of the oil lines from them are too bad from memory

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back