Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Polish / Sealer / Wax for Seal Grey

AslanC2S

Trainee
Hi Folks,

As the title says really, looking for some advice for polish, sealer and wax for seal grey.

It's a strange colour, not really dark but not silver either.

I used to like Poorboys Black Hole on my last car but not sure it suited to this colour.

Never used a sealer either so advice would be great.

Thanks

Attachments

• porsche_small_890.jpg
    porsche_small_890.jpg
    655.9 KB · Views: 4,921
I use Zymol

I am fairly new to detailing but I am getting good results using the following but intend to try some Meguiars and Menzerna polishes in the future for comparison.

Polish - Chemical Guys VSS Scratch & Swirl with a blue or green pad.
Sealant - Chemical Guys Jetseal
Wax - Collinite 476

After maintenance washes and if inclined I might use Bilt Hamber QD Spray or Chemical Guys Butter Wet Wax.

The sealant choice is simply because it's easy to apply with moderate durability although nothing like a Gtechniq or CQuartz UK but I don't have the garage space to apply that stuff (or the know-how) at home and let it cure properly.

PB Black Hole will work well on your colour paint. To protect it I'd try some Fusso 99 or maybe alien 51 topped with Nebula. Your car looks stunning, by the way. :thumb:

I asked the same question when i was looking for the best possible protection for my Polar silver ...

I have been using Collinite 476 on all my cars for years as it provides 6months + protection and a lovely glossy shine.

But, its old technology and i thought there had to be something new out there that would enhance the silver and make it pop...

I called Polished Bliss .. and was advised that a wax dulls the metallic in the silver and i should use a sealant glaze only.

They suggested 'carlack' .. although i discovered it was virtually identical to a product i already had 'Klasse' ..

I started off with a solvent wash down using Tardis, then a claybar, followed by a 3 stage machine polish using mernzerna and poorboy, then 2 coats of Klasse...

Worth calling around.. or join detailing world forum...

Cheers for the advice.

I'm going to give it a once over with the rotary and Menzerna SF4000, same again with the Black Hole and then try Jetseal.

Might do a comparison and try wax onto / not.

Should give it that final pop I'm after.

Possibly try a glaze if you are after that 'pop'
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back