Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 prices falling off a cliff ( in East Anglia at least )

So after all this time nobody actually wants the fabled "25 bagger " ? Everyone is chicken lol
Christ what does this mean for all the 50k and up 993s? I blame Brexit... :floor:

:hand: It'll sell no problem.

I'm done with air cooled as the next one needs to be a kettle for greater usability. :what: I do think there is a wedge in the targa though as I could see it at mid 3s.

I was going to offer the Jubi up for 70 bags but it looks like the arse has fallen out of the air cooled market so I'm buying some rose tinted specs instead :bandit:

ChrisT70 said:
So after all this time nobody actually wants the fabled "25 bagger " ? Everyone is chicken lol
Christ what does this mean for all the 50k and up 993s? I blame Brexit... :floor:

It's gone vanished completely off the website and auto trader, why do i get the feeling it will reappear soon for 10k more 👍

157,000 miles on the clock and unpopular tiptronic-
26 grand is certainly not indicative of prices falling off a cliff.

carkid said:

:hand: But the Auto Trader one was a manual targa in 'desirable' silver with hardbacks. OK more miles but a good wedge could have been gained on that for very little, despite it having the Metropole :what: blue interior. It aint done its dough at the price

If George Eaton hasn't picked it up I suspect a dealer has and it will appear again in a few months for a few extra bags :bandit:

Zingari said:
carkid said:

:hand: But the Auto Trader one was a manual targa in 'desirable' silver with hardbacks. OK more miles but a good wedge could have been gained on that for very little, despite it having the Metropole :what: blue interior. It aint done its dough at the price

If George Eaton hasn't picked it up I suspect a dealer has and it will appear again in a few months for a few extra bags :bandit:

In all seriousness (in the real 45-50 bags world of 993's) that was a genuine bargain, mileage lets be honest is irrelevant, I would of snapped that up, especially in silver, manual, hardbacks, I bet they realised their mistake and hastily removed the add (all there other stock is 3-5 k runarounds)..

With today's news that diesel and petrol cars are to be banned from 2040, I'm going to be fair and offer 25 bags on a first come basis for a sub 100k miles 2 or 4S. Roll up roll up.
I'm willing to push the boat out to £35k for a turbo or RS model, as long as less than 50k miles.
:thumb:

ChrisT70 said:
With today's news that diesel and petrol cars are to be banned from 2040, I'm going to be fair and offer 25 bags on a first come basis for a sub 100k miles 2 or 4S. Roll up roll up.
I'm willing to push the boat out to £35k for a turbo or RS model, as long as less than 50k miles.

Yeah that made me laugh out loud, good luck getting the dozen or so nuclear power stations approved that will be needed to supply the power demand of an electric vehicled nation. :floor: :floor:

the great thing about proposing legislation 23 years in the future is that you have absolutely no accountability for the subsequent failure to meet them. what a bunch of jokers and shame on the press for even taking this as a serious headline.

the length of time it takes to sell anything CAT D as here shows why they arent taken on lightly. you've got to find the one individual who cares not about its value in future, and who cant afford a "good un". then it becomes their problem further down the line to find another buyer themselves. its like being dealt the Ace in" chase the ace" lol

ChrisT70 said:

:hand:

The ban will be on NEW cars......

of course in 25 years time cars will be able to run on H2O as well :floor:

If anything this will RAISE the value of the prestige "antique" petrol cars which a porsche 993 falls into. Of course the fact that no one will know how to actually drive or that petrol deisel will not be so readily available will be inconsequential to the value of "the last of the air cooled" 8) I can see the first £1m C4S already :bandit:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back