Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Topgear Mild Sport boxes - review/clip/comparison

I have the Topgear valvetronic version and am extremely happy with the sound and quality. Interestingly, my drivers side tailpipe sits a little high but I've been too busy driving it to get back underneath and see why!

I think it's time to "grow up"... : )

definitely sounds far better and more refined with the TopGear than with the Dansk
- I've been through numerous iterations of exhaust components over the years, with all the last few effectively "toning down" the overall noise levels... I'm not convinced Porsches sound right with a load of "noise" at low revs.... its the 6 cylinder howl above 5k rpm that defines these cars

I've yet to find a set of manifolds that I prefer over my now Zircotec ceramic coated 996.2 OEM headers (made things even quieter as a side effect!), but I've never regretted fitting TopGear's 200 cell x-pipe sports cats(!)

Definitely prefer the Top Gear sound (and service and quality and....).

lethallegend72 said:
It sounds great to me. I wish I bought them For my previous car rather than get the gundo hack done.

I see that they also sell a version for a 996 turbo.. I would also be interested to hear these if anyone has them fitted.

I do!

Excellent value for money and sounds so much better than the original

Little bit 'droney' on the motorway when doing a steady speed, but I don't do that very often

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back