Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Shock upgrade help.

heliox64

Hi Guys,
Hope everyone is enjoying the summer and their cars.

I am hoping to pick your collective brains for some advice or experiences with upgrading the standard PASM shocks.

Recently I fitted some Techart lowering springs to my 05 C2S and this has caused the front shocks to weep and one to leak. The dilemma I am facing is the ride with the Techart springs is far superior to the originals so i am considering various options.

Replace all shocks with Porsche OE

Replace with Bilstein B4 Damptronic which is a slight upgrade apparently over OE.

Replace with Bilstein B6 Damptronic Sport which is upgrade over B6.

The car has been lightly modded , underdrive pulley, engine mounts, filter ,etc, but this would be the first mod that is not easily reversible. The car has been occasionally tracked but is mainly used for fast road use. Ohlins R&T would be overkill for what I would use the car for as would the Bilstein coilovers.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome as to where I go from here.

Best regards
Mark

Hi,

I'm afraid I can't help with advice about shock replacement but when you say the Techart springs improved the ride, in what way do you mean?

Thinking of lowering mine and am keen on the Techart springs and I'm interested to know.

Cheers

Aslan

AslanC2S said:
Hi,

I'm afraid I can't help with advice about shock replacement but when you say the Techart springs improved the ride, in what way do you mean?

Thinking of lowering mine and am keen on the Techart springs and I'm interested to know.

Cheers

Aslan

Sure I read somewhere that Techart springs are just re-branded Eibach plus a price uplift.

Hi Guys,

The ride improvement from the Techart springs was down to the fact that they are progressively wound so that at the top of the travel the car is slightly softer which gets rid of all the crashiness that I had before with the OEM springs. For the first time ever I could actually put the PASM in sport and use it on the road.

I also read somewhere that the Techarts are rebranded Eibachs but as they only drop the car by 15mm with PASM they suited what I was after. They have brougbt on the early retirement of my shocks though so go into it with eyes open.

I have looked into the B8 but they are meant to be harsher than the B6 which are still good for a 25mm drop.

Best regards

Mark

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back