Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2RS Build... (Update - Dec 2022)

You dont need the tractive dampers. The DSC will control your standard PASM dampers.

If you must have lift then ( assuming you dont have it ) then obviously this aint going to help. Lift though is hugely over valued IMHO, a new splitter every so often is far cheaper and far less to go wrong in the future.

If i had a PASM car the only way i would go to mid to top end passive set up over DSC is if i wanted the uber track warrior. Apart from that the DSC/PASM combo offers such a great compromise it should be default choice.

Isy - understand the frustration at the let-down and long lead times.
Is it worth a try of the DSC box? My apologies if you have already!

Senoj said:
You dont need the tractive dampers. The DSC will control your standard PASM dampers.

If you must have lift then ( assuming you dont have it ) then obviously this aint going to help. Lift though is hugely over valued IMHO, a new splitter every so often is far cheaper and far less to go wrong in the future.

If i had a PASM car the only way i would go to mid to top end passive set up over DSC is if i wanted the uber track warrior. Apart from that the DSC/PASM combo offers such a great compromise it should be default choice.

Do you have the DSC setup? Is your Suspension otherwise standard or do you have lowered springs? My car needs to be lowered to get the 'correct ride height', so if I used DSC plus lowering springs would it still have the same effect? I want the lift kit as I don't want to scrap on all the stuff around where I live. Also I intend using the car to go on ferries/trains etc so I need it.

isysman said:
Senoj said:

Do you have the DSC setup? Is your Suspension otherwise standard or do you have lowered springs? My car needs to be lowered to get the 'correct ride height', so if I used DSC plus lowering springs would it still have the same effect? I want the lift kit as I don't want to scrap on all the stuff around where I live. Also I intend using the car to go on ferries/trains etc so I need it.

Im guessing you have std turbo pasm right now? Mines a gt3 so suspension is essentially coil over and height adjustable as standard. If you need to lower yours, and im pretty sure you do, then std isn't going to work ( dsc or not is irrelevant here)

You could try shorter springs on your std shocks and then if ( bit hit or miss perhaps) it all looks good still add the dsc for some nice compliance and to keep the switchable option. Or just leave it std.

Personally i'd want to keep the active set up for a "road" car. The billy damptronic are height adjustable, so those with the dsc would be a great set up with loads of potential for adjustments and you can have lift.

isysman said:
Senoj said:

Not long in - I got the same story today from them buddy - no eta that is a definite.

Btw let me know if you want anything from TPC - we are their number one dealer in UK so I can get you best price

Ken

996ttalot said:
isysman said:
Senoj said:

Not long in - I got the same story today from them buddy - no eta that is a definite.

Btw let me know if you want anything from TPC - we are their number one dealer in UK so I can get you best price

Ken

Hi Ken, I think I'm going to wait until September to see if they (TechArt) deliver the equipment then. If they delay again I'll rethink. This kit does seem to be the right fit for what I need and it's at about the right price range.

Isy
FWIW - I have the DSC module fitted to my car - originally on std PASM shocks and springs and latterly on H&R lowering springs.
The DSC module transforms the car, and is now custom programmable so you can change response to suit your needs.
I have not noticed any detrimental effects from fitting lowering springs.
Alex at 9e who fitted the springs complimented the overall stance achieved - and I was able to drive the car back to France without any grounding issues either from UK speed bumps or the ferry ramps.
At some point in the future I will probably change to Bilstein Damptronics with the DSC as I think this will be the best compromise for 95% road use.
Regards

Attachments

• just_washed_185.jpg
    just_washed_185.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 4,915
  • just_washed_1_208.jpg
    just_washed_1_208.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 4,915
symoonbeam said:
Isy
FWIW - I have the DSC module fitted to my car - originally on std PASM shocks and springs and latterly on H&R lowering springs.
The DSC module transforms the car, and is now custom programmable so you can change response to suit your needs.
I have not noticed any detrimental effects from fitting lowering springs.
Alex at 9e who fitted the springs complimented the overall stance achieved - and I was able to drive the car back to France without any grounding issues either from UK speed bumps or the ferry ramps.
At some point in the future I will probably change to Bilstein Damptronics with the DSC as I think this will be the best compromise for 95% road use.
Regards

Thanks for the info. The car looks good! However I have the GT2RS front bumper and lip on now and it will be very low once lowered to the correct height. I'm going on a road trip which will mean needing to get on (and off) a ferry and the trains coming back so I'll need the lift. Also getting to my house would be a little tricky without it as I live in a village that has many speed-bumps. I may look into the DSC at some point but after the suspension is fitted.

isysman said:
AdeD said:
isysman said:
So I've been phoning around to try to get a set of B16 Damptronics and it seems there is a world wide shortage! That's not sarcasm either nobody has them. So my plan to have the car ready for this trip looks like it's not going to happen now. If anyone knows of a shop with them in stock please let me know.

Probably a blessing, order a set of Ohlins instead, far superior :D

The problem is I want/need the axle lift and the Ohlins don't work with the PASM. Do you have those fitted?

My 997.2 Turbo S,has H&R Roll Bar's,Bilstein Damptronic's amd a Nose Lift Kit fitted,it's pretty Harsh but i like the Ride,it's recently gone to ES Motor's for their ES650 Kit to be fitted all their Staff Car's have the Ohlin's Coilovers fitted and they commented how Firm my Car was,but that the Handling was Superb,i've not been in a 997 Turbo with the Ohlin's fitted but ES told me they're Definitely a Softer Smoother Ride :thumbs:

ironside said:
isysman said:
AdeD said:
isysman said:
So I've been phoning around to try to get a set of B16 Damptronics and it seems there is a world wide shortage! That's not sarcasm either nobody has them. So my plan to have the car ready for this trip looks like it's not going to happen now. If anyone knows of a shop with them in stock please let me know.

Probably a blessing, order a set of Ohlins instead, far superior :D

The problem is I want/need the axle lift and the Ohlins don't work with the PASM. Do you have those fitted?

My 997.2 Turbo S,has H&R Roll Bar's,Bilstein Damptronic's amd a Nose Lift Kit fitted,it's pretty Harsh but i like the Ride,it's recently gone to ES Motor's for their ES650 Kit to be fitted all their Staff Car's have the Ohlin's Coilovers fitted and they commented how Firm my Car was,but that the Handling was Superb,i've not been in a 997 Turbo with the Ohlin's fitted but ES told me they're Definitely a Softer Smoother Ride :thumbs:

Thanks for the info. How are your Damptronics set up as they are adjustable? Someone else on here fitted Damptronics and said on the softer setting he initially put them on it was too soft and he had to change the setting.

To my Knowledge Bilstein Damptronic's are not Adjustable apart from the PASM Sport Button for Soft or the Harder Sport Setting.
My H&R Anti Roll Bars have 3 settings Soft,Medium & Hard settings my Rears Bars are set to Medium and the Front Soft i think Centre Gravity set them up,Nose Lift is a Godsend,i've a Steep Drive,so i'd be on about the 3rd Splitter if i'd didn't have the NL Fitted :sad:

ironside said:
To my Knowledge Bilstein Damptronic's are not Adjustable apart from the PASM Sport Button for Soft or the Harder Sport Setting.
My H&R Anti Roll Bars have 3 settings Soft,Medium & Hard settings my Rears Bars are set to Medium and the Front Soft i think Centre Gravity set them up,Nose Lift is a Godsend,i've a Steep Drive,so i'd be on about the 3rd Splitter if i'd didn't have the NL Fitted :sad:

If they are the B16 then they are

* Adjustable setting levels for the most dynamic driving experience
* Round threads for easy adjustment

http://www.bilsteinus.com/products/electronic-suspension-systems/bilstein-damptronic/

I already have the H&R anti-roll bars myself. It's currently on TechArt lowering springs as well but they only lower 10mm from stock.

I asked Tech9 if the TechArt lift kit fits the Ohlins but they don't know.

isysman said:
ironside said:
To my Knowledge Bilstein Damptronic's are not Adjustable apart from the PASM Sport Button for Soft or the Harder

If they are the B16 then they are

* Adjustable setting levels for the most dynamic driving experience
* Round threads for easy adjustment

I wouldn't be so sure on that. Firstly its a really poor translation into English as none of it makes much sense.

Its very unlikely they are adjustable other than the "adjustment" allowed by the PASM system, this is just going to be damper stiffness with in the range and dynamics of the standard PASM program . (Vastly improved range of adjustment with DSC btw)

The other adjustments are for ride height.

Id be really surprised if there was any passive adjustment of the dampers as well.

One of the forum members DJones fitted them to his GT2 replica (996 Turbo) and he talked about how when he first set them up they were too soft so he adjusted them to be a bit firmer. I'll try to find the quote.

isysman said:
One of the forum members DJones fitted them to his GT2 replica (996 Turbo) and he talked about how when he first set them up they were too soft so he adjusted them to be a bit firmer. I'll try to find the quote.

996 has no PASM though. So probably not damptronics?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back