Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo - Where do I go next?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mat59 said:
MisterCorn said:
Mat59 said:
I'd looked at all sorts - 997.2 C2S PDK, 997.1 Turbo, R8 V8, Vantage V8 etc. But none of tnemare really an upgrade. I think the older the 996 turbo he s the more appealing it becomes. Decided instead to work at building a fleet. Going to add an E36 M3, classic alfa and a mint DC2 Integra R.

You sound like a very sensible man. I prefer the E46 M3 to the E36 personally, but both great cars.

MC

I personally think the reason I always want to change my car is lack of variety of only owning the one car. Having a few to choose from would mean I'm less likely to want to change.

It works for me. I tend to keep cars a minimum of 2-3 years. I do like a bit of variety though so some cars do get swapped out. No plans for the turbo to go anywhere though.

MC

Where to go next? There is only one answer for me. Just need to add a few more £££££'s and into a 996 GT2. :thumb:

I'm thinking of this 9e Turbo for sale as a replacement, I want a GT2 but not willing to pay £100k + and the costs of the mods on this car are around 3 times the cost to change and saves me doing any!!! I feel like it should be a no brainer.....

I wouldn't even have to tell my mrs I've spent more money.

Bund said:
I'm thinking of this 9e Turbo for sale as a replacement, I want a GT2 but not willing to pay £100k + and the costs of the mods on this car are around 3 times the cost to change and saves me doing any!!! I feel like it should be a no brainer.....

It's a total bargain if you want a modified car, you will be running with the new 991 turbo more than comfortably :grin: , I can put you in touch with the previous owner (who owned the car twice!) if you like. Great car, buy it!

RWD_cossie_wil said:
Bund said:

It's a total bargain if you want a modified car, you will be running with the new 991 turbo more than comfortably :grin: , I can put you in touch with the previous owner (who owned the car twice!) if you like. Great car, buy it!

Thank you but i've already messaged Neil about it. As you say if you want a modified car it looks a good deal.

I bought a 997t this weekend - £45k and 74k miles. I now have a 996t to sell. I wonder how much I will get for it...

I've yet to compare the two for driving etc but I was a little surprised that the 997t felt so similar in so many ways. It does not feel like a large leap or advance. It also felt slower (I tested a number of them) than my 996t with remap and catless exhaust.

drabux said:
I bought a 997t this weekend - £45k and 74k miles. I now have a 996t to sell. I wonder how much I will get for it...

I've yet to compare the two for driving etc but I was a little surprised that the 997t felt so similar in so many ways. It does not feel like a large leap or advance. It also felt slower (I tested a number of them) than my 996t with remap and catless exhaust.

Shouldn't that be:

drabux said:
I bought a 997t this weekend - £45k and 74k miles.

I now have a 997t to sell. I wonder how much I will get for it...

:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back