Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Baby seat

rob_watti

Morning Gents

So after going to Halfords on Friday to try and get a baby seat for my 17 month old son i'm still without one as the lady in Halfords said non they had are suitable for my car due to the type of buckle in the back!?

Has anybody got any recommendations for a seat for a 17 month old who weighs approx. 11kg?

Cheers
Rob

Thanks Cable guy.

I've ordered that one so i'll give it a go, see how it fits and let you know how i get on. Thank you for the quick reply.

Cheers
Rob

Us Northerners have to stick together :wink:

Where in N.Yorks are you from?

That's my car and seat (& daughter!) in the link. Seat fits fine with standard belt but does take a bit of faffing. The seat has about 1.5" of movement front-back so not quite there. Certainly not ISOFIX standard! But there are no other seats currently in production that will fit.

You can buy second hand but that's not recommended (due to how it could have been stored or involvement in a previous accident). I have never felt that my daughter was not safe in the Halfords seat. At the end of the day we should follow our American cousins with rear facing seats as this is worryingly safer than front facing in an impact.

My seat is going free (always stored in dark dry conditions under the stairs and not involved in an impact!). But you'd be going against my own advice!

rob_watti said:
Us Northerners have to stick together :wink:

Where in N.Yorks are you from?

About a mile from Stokesley. A fair old stones throw from Skipton unfortunately.

C.

Thanks for the offer MattyR but I've just had my seat delivered this morning from Halfords so i'll see how it fits tonight

Thanks for your help guys

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back