Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Climate control buttons HELP!!

wingco

So after fitting my new PCM replacement I decided that the stick on covers from clima repair were useless and ugly and letting the side down I decided to followi a post here and repainted the switches. I removed them without any issue and scraped off most of the remaining sticky coating. I then decided to remove the residue with thinners at which point one of the switches fell into 3 bits, it would seem that the coating was holding things together. So I have one clean and ready to paint switch and one almost useless one I'm not sure superglue even reinforced from the back is a long-term solution. Does anyone have a spare knob or have any suggestions where I can find a replacement without spending significant money on a complete replacement unit.

Clima repair also sell full switches but they are not great

As I have been ripped off by this cowboy before and with others experience I'm reluctant to go back for seconds.

Agree!!! I would steer well clear, I bought their shoddy switches which are a disgrace for the money!

All in all they are a small improvement (better than replacing the whole unit now yours is in 3 bits) but I do wish the font was right. They'd be ok at £30 (as per the PCM dials) but at £90 I agree it's a stretch.

Attachments

• f5fa6703_f698_435a_96af_941dedecbe6a_948.jpg
    f5fa6703_f698_435a_96af_941dedecbe6a_948.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 4,083
  • aa222913_a459_4f85_a573_596fcee062c2_154.jpg
    aa222913_a459_4f85_a573_596fcee062c2_154.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 4,083
Clima repair

Hi there, i did buy the new verzion 2 of them and installed these, these are ok and à  perfect fit, look at the website for this new verzion, you won't regret These, and no i don't know them personal and i don't have Andy profit to there business... :bye:

Re: Clima repair

wing said:
Hi there, i did buy the new verzion 2 of them and installed these, these are ok and à  perfect fit, look at the website for this new verzion, you won't regret These, and no i don't know them personal and i don't have Andy profit to there business... :bye:

Wing , Thats interesting that there is now a version 2 maybe they have realised they needed a better finish than the version 1 which was poor. :thumb:

I was hoping the one of you guys who has bought replacements would sell me your tatty originals for me to attempt refurbishment. I have a plan have bought the 4mm decals and the plastic undercoat and paint all I need is a spare tatty old switch.

Re: Clima repair

Phil 997 said:
wing said:

Wing , Thats interesting that there is now a version 2 maybe they have realised they needed a better finish than the version 1 which was poor. :thumb:

Shame they couldn't have got it right first time! I guess at least it's an admission that the version 1 was shote! :gunfire:

just reviving an old thread, as I have tonight decided to have a go at refurbing my climate buttons.
but also there is now a v3 version of these buttons anyone tried them?
http://www.climarepair.com/porsche-replacement-switches-for-climate-unit-v-3/

also if anyone decides to have a go, don't do what I did and dip the switches in a vat of nail varnish remover, that stuff must be strong, it cracked the switch! bit of glue and paint will hopefully keep it together... looks better so far anyway (wasn't that bad in the first place, oh well)

I've got a pair of the new versions but haven't fitted them yet (a bit scared to tbh so will have to pay someone else to do it!) they look fine to me, I must admit reading the earlier posts in the thread worried me a bit as I'd not heard any bad feedback about them before - what was the problem with them, the wording rubbed off easily?

I have just ordered mine too and very apprehensive about fitting them as well.

Do you know that they buy back your old ones?

Thanks for the great info.

Regards,
Jonny

not sure on the older ones, I think it was just the font was not quite right on them...
I would have a go yourself, its not that difficult, I very rarely do stuff on my car buy if it looks easy and there are plenty of guides online then it's worth a go if you can save some money.. .
especially as you have new switches, you dont have to faff about cleaning and painting your old ones!
watch the clips on YouTube just search for 997 climate control or similar, I had mine out stripped painted and back in the car by morning... I am clearly rubbish at painting mind!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back