Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Valuation for potential private sale

Bund said:
I don't think Matt will mind me now asking the same about my car on his thread. I thought 44500 was a fair price for a manual X50 with great history with large items paid in the last few weeks and previous year but im wrong as it hasn't sold so how wrong am I for a private sale?

Brief description
996 Turbo X50
70800 miles
Seal Grey/Black
Hard back seats
X50 with Revo from Paragon
Serviced every year (mainly Paragon)
Heated seats
Sat Nav
Bose
Cruise
Extended leather
Crests
Sunroof
X74?
New ps2's
New spoiler kit
New ac condensers
Sure other stuff

Advert in the sale page for full details.

i think Zingaris valuations are only applicable to an air cooled purchase, i'm not sure what an equivalent is valued at in water cooled terms.
:D

ChrisT70 said:
Bund said:
I don't think Matt will mind me now asking the same about my car on his thread. I thought 44500 was a fair price for a manual X50 with great history with large items paid in the last few weeks and previous year but im wrong as it hasn't sold so how wrong am I for a private sale?

Brief description
996 Turbo X50
70800 miles
Seal Grey/Black
Hard back seats
X50 with Revo from Paragon
Serviced every year (mainly Paragon)
Heated seats
Sat Nav
Bose
Cruise
Extended leather
Crests
Sunroof
X74?
New ps2's
New spoiler kit
New ac condensers
Sure other stuff

Advert in the sale page for full details.

i think Zingaris valuations are only applicable to an air cooled purchase, i'm not sure what an equivalent is valued at in water cooled terms.
:D

As you've got a relationship with Paragon what would they buy it in at as its well known to them. Then look to add a few bags that will bring it under retail but above trade. Don't use the calculations they used for the 993 S as you won't get away with adding 60 bags on the trade in price :hand:

So which head unit would you put in the car?

Have you got the car advertised MattyR and if so, have you had any interest? I would have expected some at 33 big ones!

Re: 993

stichill99 said:
Have you got the car advertised MattyR and if so, have you had any interest? I would have expected some at 33 big ones!

Indeed, I have had a few enquiries! No need for an advert apparently! Deposit taken from the first chap who viewed the car. Great guy who is a fellow enthusiast and forum member. I'll leave him to introduce himself.. PPI being done in a couple of weeks due to us both being busy.

Congratulations. It is easy to try and ask for too much but now you have yours sold and have the cash to move onto your dream car! When you get it lets see some photos on here to finish this thread off!

Re: 993

stichill99 said:
Congratulations. It is easy to try and ask for too much but now you have yours sold and have the cash to move onto your dream car! When you get it lets see some photos on here to finish this thread off!

It's not a done deal yet as need to do the PPI. But should be fine as I've done all the jobs Precision Porsche identified in undertaking the health check I asked them to do 6 months ago.

Being a higher mileage car the price had to reflect that. Plus I actually want to sell the thing so asked sensible money. I'm not a penny pincher, never have been. For me it's more important deals get buttoned down quickly and the next project is fresh.

Speaking of projects the next one is a period property, probably with a thatched roof, so funds may well be sunk into that. However my dream car has always been a 356 of any description but they are way out of shot for my pockets. I feel bad saying it on a Porsche forum but the Chesil Speedster is lovely..

I'm going to miss the 993 but the time feels right to sell. I can say I've owned an air cooled 911 which is a memory I'll always cherish :thumb:

GLWTS Matty.

I too have a soft spot for the Chesil. They make you slow down and enjoy motoring through actually needing to physically drive the car. With the hood down, on a sunny day, it's a great experience.

I've agreed to buy the car, conveniently MattyR was not far from me on a project.

I don't think the car looks any worse than the 64k mile zenith blue 993 2s that I bought off stocksie some years ago and that's now described as mint by PS. I didn't peel back the rubber round the screen but it wasn't showing and the ppi can check condition of chassis legs and everything else, a bit of oxidisation at the top of doors but better than the zenith blue car I bought. The interior is looking good, I told a friend what I was buying and he said the seats must be baggy yet they're not, I think the type of seat looks more dated than the other two types but in good condition for a 150k car. I'm a fan of the green colour and I'll change the wheels at some point to gold centred bbs lm types when a good deal come up(ideally split rim) and I'll add the continental 7412 stereo and likely t lite again.

Either my Turbo or RRS will have to go, ideally the RRS but I'll have to advertise it :), my Turbos up for sale but I'm reluctant to reduce it anymore. I've clearly gotten over my mileage fear as I bought a 190k Toyota LJ70 unseen from Ireland a couple of months ago and now this. Due to the mileages it won't stop me jumping in and using them for there intended purposes.

Hopefully ppi is straight forward and done deal.

ch3tman said:
Bund said:
I'm a fan of the green colour and I'll change the wheels at some point to gold centred bbs lm types when a good deal come up(ideally split rim)
Some examples of the combo...

15505699028_a48db4bd94_h.jpg

781118d1385136034-gold-or-anthracite-wheels-on-a-dark-green-993-nb-dsc05251_copy.jpg

12519126_1578826609112201_574724556_n.jpg

Cheers, was in fact searching this morning, yes does look great. The sport classic II look good also but not as good.

Then there is this

Copy https://www.design911.co.uk/mobile/#part;id=129905

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back