Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

LED upgrade to 3rd brake light.

C11BRA

Suzuka
Swapped the old filament bulbs for multi LED type. Straight forward?

Well.......

The holes in the housing needed opening with a Dremmel. Only 10 minutes work. And a quick plastic polish & seal repair whilst it was out.

Really impressed with try he result. Instant on/off to match the Depo main lights.

How bright????

could you post a pic of it back in the car and a linky to the supplier of LED's please - very interested as mine keeps loosing bulbs with dodgy connections

Look forward to seeing the results buddy :thumb:
Still love the looks of your side lights and would love that done myself 8)

In the rush to get the conversion done before the trip, I didn't take a before pic. Oops sorry.

Will update with pics & links later. Trip underway. In Poole now. Euro tunnel by lunch hopefully.

I did very similar.

Replacement LED units are ~£50-70..

But you can get the 7x LED's in red for <£10..

I used a drill to open up the holes in the housing..

My only problem was the push fit rails were all falling apart so i ended up soldering them all together.

I also fitted a flasher unit as I was not convinced I was always being seen when braking..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back