Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

just purchased a 2016 turbo 991 paddle steering wheel,

Hi - first post

Recently bought a 2005 997 c4s tip and of course , love it.

I'm considering changing the steering wheel to a flappy paddle, and have followed this thread with interest.

I have sourced a 981 wheel with no multifunction buttons - as mine.

I gather that the swap can be done, but I do not have the technical ability (by a long way !)- can anyone recommend someone who could do this for , preferably in the Cheshire area.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

pic of wheel in my car

Attachments

• steering_wheel_109.jpg
    steering_wheel_109.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 4,034
it cost me
Wheel 425
new shroud to delete controller stick 110
wiring replace 50
fitting with airbag reset 70

not sure if the wife is so keen

robbiej said:
it cost me
Wheel 425
new shroud to delete controller stick 110
wiring replace 50
fitting with airbag reset 70

not sure if the wife is so keen

Did the wheel come with the airbag?

£1000 all in is about right I recon. Looks good :thumb:

Just about to embark on this myself in my 997.2 with existing sport design wheel with paddles, hoping to gain multifunction and retain paddles so a 991/Macan wheel is on the cards.

I have just received the conversion cable from the fella on facebook, very fast service by the way. He said my car shouldn't need coding after fitting the new wheel as a gen2, I'll wait to see.

I haven't bought a wheel yet. Do I need a 991/Macan airbag or will my 997.2 one fit? Any other possible wheels to look out for? Panamera?

if you need the horse shoe I will sell you one as mine didn't need it. It might be as I didn't use the buttons

emmbee said:
Hi - first post

Recently bought a 2005 997 c4s tip and of course , love it.

I'm considering changing the steering wheel to a flappy paddle, and have followed this thread with interest.

I have sourced a 981 wheel with no multifunction buttons - as mine.

I gather that the swap can be done, but I do not have the technical ability (by a long way !)- can anyone recommend someone who could do this for , preferably in the Cheshire area.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Mark whoever you get to do it make sure they turn on the multifunction option in Piwis even though you dont have it , this will along with the highly likely needed newer steering control module make the horn work .
good luck keep us posted. Some are lucky enough not to need the newer steering control module but most do need it. :thumb:

Just about to embark on this myself in my 997.2 with existing sport design wheel with paddles, hoping to gain multifunction and retain paddles so a 991/Macan wheel is on the cards.

I have just received the conversion cable from the fella on facebook, very fast service by the way. He said my car shouldn't need coding after fitting the new wheel as a gen2, I'll wait to see.

I haven't bought a wheel yet. Do I need a 991/Macan airbag or will my 997.2 one fit? Any other possible wheels to look out for? Panamera?

the sport design wheel uses a flat round the one I have is domed. The Macan has the same wheel, so does a 918...

there is few on ebay, I also have the buttons and control stick which I removed off my wheell

as I sold the car the wheel is up for sale, posting it in the for sale section now

You can also try a company called the "airbag team" as they can supply airbag obviously, steering wheels and many other car parts. They will also give you 12 months warranty and guarantee the parts in perfect condition, they supplied me an airbag when I swapped my Gen 1 multifunction to Gen 2 tequipment. No affiliations they just gave me good service so I would recommend them.

Pm sent :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back