Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which discs and pads for Turbo ?

Gazc2

So front discs have some scoring on the backsides that was picked up at the Mot any recomendations on replacements seem to range from £100-£400 a disc.

cheers

Gaz

Sorry can't help with recommendations but can make you feel better. Dropped mine into Dove House yesterday for an MOT and they advised I needed new pads all round. Because there PCCB they recommended Porsche genuine pads at the cost of £1200!

Scoring on the fronts is unusual imo. its normally inside faces on the rear.
As for replacements, depends if you've got PCCBs or steel?

Why not oem?

RJW1881 said:
Sorry can't help with recommendations but can make you feel better. Dropped mine into Dove House yesterday for an MOT and they advised I needed new pads all round. Because there PCCB they recommended Porsche genuine pads at the cost of £1200!

I changed the PCCB pads myself a couple of years ago, an easy job if you have basic DIY skills. I bought the pads from an OPC and with my 10% PCGB discount, no one was cheaper. Think they were ~£350 for the fronts, £300 for the rears IIRC.

I have steels on mine,£1200 for pads wowser what kind of mileage do you get out of them ? I haven't checked with the parts man at OPC yet on price

Gazc2 said:
I have steels on mine,£1200 for pads wowser what kind of mileage do you get out of them ? I haven't checked with the parts man at OPC yet on price

I have no idea how many miles ill get out of them, hopefully quite a few!

I have dome 18k miles in the last 2 years on current set but have no idea how many miles they had done before I bought the car?

The bit I'm worried about is when the disks need changing. I've read that the life expectancy is 100K miles and I'm now at 71k. If some of the figures I've read regarding the cost of PCCB disc replacement are accurate, I've got a big bill to look forward to in the next 3-4 years!

100K should be a breeze with ceramics RJW. I know of a 996 GT2 with the previous generation of material that has covered 140K, had quite a lot of track use, and still like new.

I changed my PCCB pads at 40K miles, they were only half worn so yours could be on the originals.

The prohibitive cost to replace discs would send me down the aftermarket route, something like this.

Martian said:
100K should be a breeze with ceramics RJW. I know of a 996 GT2 with the previous generation of material that has covered 140K, had quite a lot of track use, and still like new.

I changed my PCCB pads at 40K miles, they were only half worn so yours could be on the originals.

The prohibitive cost to replace discs would send me down the aftermarket route, something like this.

Thanks for the info

Martian said:

I will go down the refurb route when/ if the time comes - http://www.rebrake.de/preise/?lang=en

Works out approx £1K per disc including bolts and shipping.

I just had a quote for front PCCB pads at my OPC - £630 inc vat fitted, so £1200 for front and rears sounds about right.

Ive just bought a full set of Sebro discs which were recommended for my GTS. OE spec and available from most motorfactors. Theyre being fitted Monday, complete with new pads and MPS tyres all round!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back