Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 997 and I

Phil 997 said:
seeforez said:
Phil 997 said:
KJD said:
Apparently it's cool to run around in a rusty old car even a 911.

Well he better not park it near me or i might sneak up and Dinitrol it :floor:

As for phils rat look body that could do with a bit dinitrol too :floor:

:floor: do they do dinitrol as an aftershave and antiperspirant :grin:

No thats WD40 mate :thumbs:

seeforez said:
Phil 997 said:
KJD said:

All things old need preserving :grin:

KJD said:
Phil 997 said:
seeforez said:
Phil 997 said:
KJD said:

:floor: do they do dinitrol as an aftershave and antiperspirant :grin:

No thats WD40 mate :thumbs:

:floor: :floor:

Tried out some new Auto Finesse detailer and plush 1400grm microfibres which I bought at 911UK national meet.
Very impressed with both products the detailer is perfect used as a drying aid and keeps the wax topped up after a wash.

35890426692_f7eb202378_k.jpg

Attended a local Motorsport evening yesterday. Always a good event and nice to meet up with old friends.

36019458136_9c8343c702_z.jpg

35928038951_96bbb81026_k.jpg

36019457836_a386b15582_b.jpg

Nice MOT decal. :floor:

Kev how do you get to these meets and it still looks like that mate , do you wrap it in cling film for the drive to the meet. :floor: :floor: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Kev how do you get to these meets and it still looks like that mate , do you wrap it in cling film for the drive to the meet. :floor: :floor: :thumb:

Cling film, now thats an idea mate :grin:

Had a nice run out today with the South coast lads to the Total 911 coffee meet in Poole.
As a was down south for a few days I didn't have the car with me so jumped in with Phill 997
:thumb:

Time for a little update.

Over the summer I got in touch with Samco hoses as I wanted to explore the resonator blank off and intake hose mod.
Samco didn't make a hose for the 997 so I supplied them with an OEM hose so that they could make up the necessary tooling.
I wanted a Samco hose because they are simply the market leader in motorsport quality silicon hoses, they supply hoses to WRC, F1 and many other Motorsport applications so quality in guaranteed.
A few weeks later my new hose arrived complete with new clips and a bung. It fitted perfectly and slipped on like a glove.
I decided to go for black to keep in theme with the rest of the engine bay and retain that OEM feel.
With the resonator now blanked off you get a little more induction noise at a lower RPM so it sounds a bit nicer :grin:
Samco are now going to offer this hose kit to the open market and I'll post details of this in another thread soon but for now this is only 997 with one fitted.

An interesting point, some companies are offering the 996 hose as a replacement for 997 but they are different as shown here. The 997 hose is the back one.
I tried a 996 hose It won't fit but I believe other inferior hoses may fit as they are more flexible and have more give.
You can make your own minds up about this.

Kev looks great mate, I have looked everywhere for a similar hose option for the 997.2 It just doesn't seem to be made, you cant grab an off the shelf hose as on the gen2 one end is round the other more oval so it needs to be a purpose made custom designed hose . I use my car daily so cant lend you my induction hose to give to Samco to take a design from and then return. Do you know anyone with a gen2 induction hose they are not using that Samco could borrow or maybe someone on here has a spare one for a gen2 or a gen2 thats laid up for the winter that you could borrow the hose off for a few weeks. :thumb:

The shape of the hose won't matter as they just make the tooling to suit.
Getting hold of a hose for a template is the difficult bit, we will have to keep looking or see if we can borrow one.
Might be worth a call to Brookspeed, they might have a car in at some point that's crash damaged.

KJD said:
Getting hold of a hose for a template is the difficult bit, we will have to keep looking or see if we can borrow one.
Might be worth a call to Brookspeed, they might have a car in at some point that's crash damaged.

Can you find out how long Samco would need the loan hose for to make the tooling :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
KJD said:

Can you find out how long Samco would need the loan hose for to make the tooling :thumb:

Yes sure :thumb:
Send me a picture so I can forward it to them so they can understand the amount of work involved.
I've no idea what a Gen 2 hose looks like :nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back