Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Why 'only' 480 BHP in the 997 Turbo

I did wonder that, given the time of night. All good. I've since read his full build thread on here. As I suspected, a lots changed in those 3 years, so he probably does know as much, and more, as those claiming to give him advice back then. Lovely looking car now.

wizard993 said:
Sports exhaust, 200/100 cell cats, sports filter and a remap to cap it all.

.....and you will be smiling like a lunatic

Beyond those mods(best bang for your buck) it can become expensive to eek out more power on any 996/997 Turbo/GT2.

If your clutch has not been changed in 40k miles(if manual) then prob best fitting the Sachs sports assembly as the extra power kills off clutches with less than 30% life left in them.

Wizard, what's your view on Gen 2 / GT2RS intercoolers and an IPD plenum as well as the above?

My understanding was, like others have said and Norfolk and Idea has done, this deals with the temperature issue while shipping more air? :chin:

Genuine question :thumb:

I think the new GT2RS will retain the 9A1(feel free to correct me) and will incorporate an inlet water jet system in the frunk to keep AIT's in check.
Dunno about inter coolers or turbo wheels but almost guaranteed to be updated.
I would have thought at circa 700+hp Porsche are closing in on 9A1 performance/reliability ceiling.
And before I'm slaughtered it's just my thoughts, I ain't no engine performance guru. :)

Ishay said:
I did wonder that, given the time of night. All good. I've since read his full build thread on here. As I suspected, a lots changed in those 3 years, so he probably does know as much, and more, as those claiming to give him advice back then. Lovely looking car now.

I was in Portugal, seems like nearly everyone on here was/is going too :floor:

Thanks for understanding and forgiving :thumbs:

Even my Mrs wondered where I had gone that night, I got back to the room at 2:30 she said so I don't know where I was in the 'lost' hour...I just hope I didn't end up at Cats :nooo: :sad:

Norfolk & Idea said:
And before I'm slaughtered it's just my thoughts, I ain't no engine performance guru. :)

No need to worry, I am at work 100% sober, I promise...but I do have 30 mins of my lunch hour left :floor:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back