Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Valuation for potential private sale

madalaa said:
...... you think that is bad ....... I am at present trying to find a buyer for my property in West London ..... I have several viewings but not even an offer ....... not even a silly offer ........ :nooo:

Seems everyone is nervous about everything ...... :(

Maybe I'm just being naive but I don't get this behaviour. Surely if people are scared house prices might tank then it's all relative if you're already on the ladder. Or is it a property more suited for a first-time buyer/investor? In that case it makes more sense.

No it's not a first time buyer type of property ......... three bed apartment in a purpose built mansion block in a very good school catchment area ....... sorry Matty for the wee thread hijack.

In my opinion we are now at peak value for 993. Perhaps prices will get going again, perhaps not. There isn't a huge pool of people wanting a high miles 993 at the £40k + price point. Those who are serious buyers likely have specific taste and know exactly what they don't want.

The S cars have surged in value which has dragged everything else up. Singer have made earlier cars desirable. Those under 25 increasingly view cars as white goods.

The tide is turning fast with regard to cars as polluters. Won't be long before cars face road pricing, charges for use in town/urban areas and are perceived as ever more anti social.

I've strongly considered putting my 993 up for sale. I've had a strong offer from a well known dealer, not far off the number I'd accept. Past experience has taught me that if I'm to become an ex 993 owner it has to be for an amount that insulates me totally from sellers remorse. I'm still on the fence.

For what it's worth I think all air cooled are vastly over valued and have been for some time.

madalaa said:
No it's not a first time buyer type of property ......... three bed apartment in a purpose built mansion block in a very good school catchment area ....... sorry Matty for the wee thread hijack.

Which part?

highway said:
In my opinion we are now at peak value for 993. Perhaps prices will get going again, perhaps not. There isn't a huge pool of people wanting a high miles 993 at the £40k + price point. Those who are serious buyers likely have specific taste and know exactly what they don't want.

The S cars have surged in value which has dragged everything else up. Singer have made earlier cars desirable. Those under 25 increasingly view cars as white goods.

The tide is turning fast with regard to cars as polluters. Won't be long before cars face road pricing, charges for use in town/urban areas and are perceived as ever more anti social.

I've strongly considered putting my 993 up for sale. I've had a strong offer from a well known dealer, not far off the number I'd accept. Past experience has taught me that if I'm to become an ex 993 owner it has to be for an amount that insulates me totally from sellers remorse. I'm still on the fence.

For what it's worth I think all air cooled are vastly over valued and have been for some time.

i think the 993 value is in the rarer cars only, ie Turbo, RS, 4S, 2S. unless you have a low mileage immaculate manual car that is, there are just too many 993s about of average spec/type/tip etc. 40k and up is a wedge of cash, when you can now buy any type of genuinely quicker well appointed sports car for 40-60k.

i'm comfortable with what my 993S went for and was sold on for, and enjoyed the experience. if i was to put 70k back into a car personally now i would not be thinking 993, it would be a more modern car or something else interesting and stable in value.

i still think the 2s, 4s and the like will creep onwards and upwards, albeit more slowly now.

I think you have to take into a account the "Want,Desire" aspect to these kind of purchases, logic goes out the window........for those that can afford it

The air-cooled cars are a bit like an old aeroplane and very desirable and of course they aren't making any more of them

I do think that they must've peaked in terms of value but will always be on the want list

Bund said:
madalaa said:

Which part?

...... Ealing .......

MattyR said:
A few more.

Am after £33,000.00 so open your wallets chaps as there is no cheaper manual C2. It's not a CatD or a lemon just a sensible chap after a sensible stack of wedge.

Pm sent

Have you all been on one of Zingari's training courses :nooo:

AP90 said:
I think you have to take into a account the "Want,Desire" aspect to these kind of purchases, logic goes out the window........for those that can afford it

And those that couldn't afford a turbo and bought a 4S ??

Keep yer shirts on - I'm only joking!

Trying to value and pitch the price right is just about impossible at the moment. I have been watching 968CS prices across europe for a while as I want out of mine, and will be putting it up for sale in September. There is about a 10 grand spread of prices across the market for comparable cars, so who knows!

jonttt said:
Have you all been on one of Zingari's training courses :nooo:

:hand: Highway ( the great deliberator) read it in his tea leaves and 'deciding' to sell is taking longer than his decision to buy it in the first place. :grin:

My thoughts to the OP are that the price in mind can't be far off what the trade will take it in at, then add a wedge to give the new buyer the warranty and peace of mind. When you're talking decent dough most buyers unfamiliar with buying air cooled, or high priced old cars in general, will prefer the 'security' of the dealer purchase route. Well perhaps apart from HWM :what:

I am a deliberate deliberator. Cash in some of your bullion and take a proper car home.

highway said:
I am a deliberate deliberator. Cash in some of your bullion and take a proper care home.

I corrected the typo for you :thumb:

I don't think Matt will mind me now asking the same about my car on his thread. I thought 44500 was a fair price for a manual X50 with great history with large items paid in the last few weeks and previous year but im wrong as it hasn't sold so how wrong am I for a private sale?

Brief description
996 Turbo X50
70800 miles
Seal Grey/Black
Hard back seats
X50 with Revo from Paragon
Serviced every year (mainly Paragon)
Heated seats
Sat Nav
Bose
Cruise
Extended leather
Crests
Sunroof
X74?
New ps2's
New spoiler kit
New ac condensers
Sure other stuff

Advert in the sale page for full details.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back