Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT2RS Build... (Update - Dec 2022)

Just had some bad news from Tech9. The Axle lift and coilover kit has not been shipped from TechArt in Germany as planned and now they are saying it has been delayed until September. It was meant to be fitted next week. Needless to say I'm pretty disappointed. I ordered early to avoid this very thing so I am frustrated.

I've asked Phil at Tech9 to ask if they can ship the coilover kit separately and then I can have the axle lift fitted when it arrives in September. This is messing with my plans for my August trip. Awaiting to hear back.

Options?

isysman said:
Just had some bad news from Tech9. The Axle lift and coilover kit has not been shipped from TechArt in Germany as planned and now they are saying it has been delayed until September. It was meant to be fitted next week. Needless to say I'm pretty disappointed. I ordered early to avoid this very thing so I am frustrated.

I've asked Phil at Tech9 to ask if they can ship the coilover kit separately and then I can have the axle lift fitted when it arrives in September. This is messing with my plans for my August trip. Awaiting to hear back.

Options?

Head out for a good blast. Clear the cobwebs??? Then order some Ohlins and not worry about axle lift?

Further update from Phil at Tech9 on the question of getting the coilovers and then fitting the axle lift later; because surely it would be that rare system that would be delayed right?

It's the other way round unfortunately, NOSELIFT is available, it's the suspension kit that's delayed

I will consider other options for you. Do you want to retain PASM ?

Turbojim997 said:
isysman said:

Options?

Head out for a good blast. Clear the cobwebs??? Then order some Ohlins and not worry about axle lift?

The car currently has no seats! Could be dangerous driving it that way! :D
I'm getting it ready for my trip in August which I've been planning since last year. Colecting seats this week, was due to have suspension/axle lift next week and week after that paint correction and PPF. And all ready for August 8th

Probably best get some decent perches fitted before driving then. :D

So I've been phoning around to try to get a set of B16 Damptronics and it seems there is a world wide shortage! That's not sarcasm either nobody has them. So my plan to have the car ready for this trip looks like it's not going to happen now. If anyone knows of a shop with them in stock please let me know.

isysman said:
So I've been phoning around to try to get a set of B16 Damptronics and it seems there is a world wide shortage! That's not sarcasm either nobody has them. So my plan to have the car ready for this trip looks like it's not going to happen now. If anyone knows of a shop with them in stock please let me know.

Probably a blessing, order a set of Ohlins instead, far superior :D

isysman said:

Yip, I ordered mine May 26th and was told they would not get delivered till August.

AdeD said:
isysman said:

The problem is I want/need the axle lift and the Ohlins don't work with the PASM. Do you have those fitted?

AdeD said:

Interesting, everyone i spoke to has said the opposite, how are they superior?

apollokre1d said:
AdeD said:

Who is everyone you have spoken to? Are the track dayers or road drivers? Never heard a bad word about the R&T's.

For fast road passive setups most people I know (who have turbos) have gone Ohlins route. PASM is such a joke in this country, to be fair not tried the DSC box but have read plenty of reviews which says it helps but still not as good as a passive set up.

Ohlins are far superior as a road based set up. Having looked at the options when doing mine the build quality alone is far better than the billies. No doubt KW and Bilstein are fantastic products but just too track focused.

I have been reading about Ohlins and on other forums the word seems to be if you are a track guy then Ohlins are better but firmer, if you want fast road then PS10s are softer/more comfortable. I'm the latter.

isysman said:
I have been reading about Ohlins and on other forums the word seems to be if you are a track guy then Ohlins are better but firmer, if you want fast road then PS10s are softer/more comfortable. I'm the latter.

I guess it must be a personal thing. I always felt
The PS range was stiffer than the Ohlins. I run my whole set up for control compliance and would say it's more comfortable than standard whilst offering the level of handling the car should have had from the factory

Turbojim997 said:
apollokre1d said:
AdeD said:

Who is everyone you have spoken to? Are the track dayers or road drivers? Never heard a bad word about the R&T's.

For fast road passive setups most people I know (who have turbos) have gone Ohlins route. PASM is such a joke in this country, to be fair not tried the DSC box but have read plenty of reviews which says it helps but still not as good as a passive set up.

Ohlins are far superior as a road based set up. Having looked at the options when doing mine the build quality alone is far better than the billies. No doubt KW and Bilstein are fantastic products but just too track focused.

A couple other people who have them fitted and 9e recommend them. One was a road user but the other does track his turbo.
Also I have the TPC module so PASM is not a concern.

I spoke to 9e when doing mine (tried to get prices and fitting but gave up as they never got back to me) and they said the opposite at the time.

Be interesting to get a group of cars together and run them back to back to do a proper comparison.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back