Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche Approved Warranty Q

Swampy

Just a quick Q with regards to a proposed warranty claim. I bought my C4S from Porsche in Chiswick a few months ago and i have booked it in to have the rear light cluster changed due to condensation.
In another post I think that I have discovered that the reverse dipping mirror does not work neither, I have also found that the rear of the OSR seat is coming apart (picture attached).
I was hoping to get these all sorted under the Porsche Approved Warranty, am I expecting too much ?

Regards Swamps :)

Attachments

• seat_small_762.jpg
    seat_small_762.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 2,455
2/3 I reckon

The rear seat damage looks like a very literal case of 'wear and tear' but good luck. :thumb:

You just need to ask them - but now that I have had mixed experiences, I would give Porsche GB a call to ask them what is covered or not....

Then go to your local OPC and see what they say.

Good luck, but I think first 2 should be ok.

If you have had the car 2 monthes then all of it should be covered .. if not by warrenty then by the OPC as it has passed a 111 point check and items failing after 2 monthes is pretty poor imho .

N/s/f mirror dipping when you reverse ? the mirror switch is selected for that side when you reverse i take it ?

Demort said:
If you have had the car 2 monthes then all of it should be covered .. if not by warrenty then by the OPC as it has passed a 111 point check and items failing after 2 monthes is pretty poor imho .

N/s/f mirror dipping when you reverse ? the mirror switch is selected for that side when you reverse i take it ?

Thanks all for your replies, I purchased the car on the 26th May (2017) so not that long really, I'll send an email to them in the morning as just about to go out.
As for the mirror, yes I have put it onto the passenger side and as from the other thread that I spoke about it, yes it has seat memory (only fitted to cars with it) and I have done the following as per owners manual,

Mirror control switch on passenger
1 ignition on
2 select reverse
3 adjust the mirror as preferred
4 press M and hold and then press 1 on the door panel (get a quick bleep).
Then if I drive off as mirror should return to normal non dipped position once car reaches 4mph I think it is but it doesn't, stays where it is.
If I then return it to a non dipped position manually, then select reverse mirror stays the same.

Swamps :)

Hi, just to say, had my rear light cluster changed due to condensation with no quibble at Porsche Leicester.

My rear light was also changed under warranty but I'd be interested to know how you get on with the seat as mine is doing the same thing, but it wasn't picked up at the recent warranty renewal check.

rhino-man said:
My rear light was also changed under warranty but I'd be interested to know how you get on with the seat as mine is doing the same thing, but it wasn't picked up at the recent warranty renewal check.

Glad to hear that the clusters have been changed all ok, I have just sent an email and picture to them asking if the seat will be covered so shall let you know how I get on.
Car is being collected on the 28th so we will have to see how it goes.

Swamps :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back