Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Why 'only' 480 BHP in the 997 Turbo

Yes, why? It wasn't in response to your reply if that's what you mean. I didn't even see it between my two posts, at first. The timing was coincident.

Ishay said:
HSC911 said:
Instead of challening someone, just ask the bçoke direct.

He's very active on this forum so put him to the test if you want him to prove anything :thumbs:

I'd put my money on him :thumb:

Wasn't meant as a challenge, he'd had a lot of work done which ever way you look at it. It was just a sudden to stop to that other thread, unproven, after a fierce debate, so I chose to listen to the majority. If it was discussed here instead, all good. Unlike the people on that thread I really don't care, hope he's happy with it...

Shall we start from the beginning?

What did 'he' say on the other forum?

I'm not trying to pi$$ on your parade...Please enlighten me

Oh I'd rather not get into it, I'm not pretending to be an expert in the slightest. It's only my second 911 and my first Turbo, I'm just playing about with ideas about what to do to it. So far it's been the geo and cosmetic replacements of a few things that were worn/scratched.

It's easy to search for and many people gave him similar advice to what I got here. I don't know what he's learnt in the three years since (lots I'm sure, certainly more than me) because the thread stopped. I don't know who is right but there's a majority opinion.

Ishay said:
Oh I'd rather not get into it, I'm not pretending to be an expert in the slightest. It's only my second 911 and my first Turbo, I'm just playing about with ideas about what to do to it.

It's easy to search for and many people gave him similar advice to what I got here. I don't know what he's learnt in the three years since (lots I'm sure, certainly more than me) because the thread stopped. I don't know who is right but there's a majority opinion.

That's fine by me mate

Just think it's a little odd, if you want to come onto a forum where a guy is quite well respected then back it up.

if you'd "rather not get into it" then don't come on here and say anything in my opinion but i'd rather not get into it either.

Good luck to you and your issues with him.

Are you a tuner or something? Whatdid he say that was so bad that you felt that you had to share on this forum?

Post up a link to back up the BS that you mention :dont know:

Ishay said:
Oh I'd rather not get into it, I'm not pretending to be an expert in the slightest. It's only my second 911 and my first Turbo, I'm just playing about with ideas about what to do to it. So far it's been the geo and cosmetic replacements of a few things that were worn/scratched.

He is some advice, are you not better off lowering it first, looks like your car is on stilts.

HSC911 said:
Ishay said:
HSC911 said:
Instead of challening someone, just ask the bçoke direct.

He's very active on this forum so put him to the test if you want him to prove anything :thumbs:

I'd put my money on him :thumb:

Wasn't meant as a challenge, he'd had a lot of work done which ever way you look at it. It was just a sudden to stop to that other thread, unproven, after a fierce debate, so I chose to listen to the majority. If it was discussed here instead, all good. Unlike the people on that thread I really don't care, hope he's happy with it...

Shall we start from the beginning?

What did 'he' say on the other forum?

I'm not trying to pi$$ on your parade...Please enlighten me

Uh oh.... 911uk 'boys club' alert... (cue loud claxon) :grin:

HSC911 said:
Just think it's a little odd, if you want to come onto a forum where a guy is quite well respected then back it up.

if you'd "rather not get into it" then don't come on here and say anything in my opinion but i'd rather not get into it either.

Good luck to you and your issues with him.

Are you a tuner or something? Whatdid he say that was so bad that you felt that you had to share on this forum?

Dude, have you read any of what I've actually written? I mentioned the guy in passing in one comment when I got some advice. And I said literally twice that the thread was three years old which was why I was trying to drop it. I have absolutely no problem what the guy and you are turning this into a thing that it never was.

Boba fett said:
Ishay said:

He is some advice, are you not better off lowering it first, looks like your car is on stilts.

Hmmm, I don't know, maybe. It's the standard suspension right now. All 911s ride higher than I like, but they handle so great that I'd worry about messing it up.

Ishay said:
Boba fett said:
Ishay said:

Hmmm, I don't know, maybe. It's the standard suspension right now. All 911s ride higher than I like, but they handle so great that I'd worry about messing it up.

You won't mess it up, its much better lowered.

Ishay said:

If you are worried about the ride quality then go with Bilstein damptronics instead of lowering springs.

Ishay said:

Sports exhaust, 200/100 cell cats, sports filter and a remap to cap it all.

.....and you will be smiling like a lunatic

Beyond those mods(best bang for your buck) it can become expensive to eek out more power on any 996/997 Turbo/GT2.

If your clutch has not been changed in 40k miles(if manual) then prob best fitting the Sachs sports assembly as the extra power kills off clutches with less than 30% life left in them.

Attachments

• img_2870_181.jpg
    img_2870_181.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 3,556
Ishay said:
Dude, have you read any of what I've actually written? I mentioned the guy in passing in one comment when I got some advice. And I said literally twice that the thread was three years old which was why I was trying to drop it. I have absolutely no problem what the guy and you are turning this into a thing that it never was.

My bad.

I don't even remember writing half of the above :sad:

I was on hol's and had all my 'smuggled' booze (half board :grin:) to finish.

Not into 'boys clubs', prefer my own club...and one's where you can get a happy ending :hand:

Anyway, apologies if I sounded like I was being aggressive.

I owe you a beer :drink:

:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back