Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Why 'only' 480 BHP in the 997 Turbo

BHP is only one aspect of it. The torque figures are monumental even by today's standards on these mezger engined 996/997's

With Variable Vane turbos on the 997 it hammers out the grunt like nothing else.

Always remember that as each new 911 appears with increased power so does the kerb weight increase.

I well sorted 997 with a mild 550bhp will spank most things on 17-plate.

Ishay said:
Apologies the thread was on another forum and you weren't on it. Isysman was though (as the OP) and having read all 7 pages now I'm surprised he's popped up here still say 620 but never did posted the "independent" rolling road video that was promised or any other of the other proposed tests.

So, for now I think I'll choose to listen to the advice that mid-500s is absolute top with still quite a lot of work; that little, or nothing, is achieved with a remap only, and little more with just an exhaust (and that by then I'll need an expensive clutch anyway)

As a result, for now, I may not doing anything for power reasons. I'll have to see how long I can last with the stock sound though!

A miltek with 100cel cats will transform it's sound.

True. I've noticed the torque is insane. Too much to be honest. If give it too much too soon out of a corner those 305 section PS4S's let go. You really do have to recalibrate your power feed rate. And it's all down to the torque. Too much welly and you'll be facing the wrong way!

Norfolk & Idea said:
True. I've noticed the torque is insane. Too much to be honest. If give it too much too soon out of a corner those 305 section PS4S's let go. You really do have to recalibrate your power feed rate. And it's all down to the torque. Too much welly and you'll be facing the wrong way!

Get a geo' done that is not 'factory' and you'll be grinning for a long time.

Martian said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

Get a geo' done that is not 'factory' and you'll be grinning for a long time.

Autofarm did me one the day before I left for holiday last week (still away, on an iPhone, hence some of my appalling grammar - well, some of it's me). I only drove it home and I live only one junction down the M40. I'm on holiday dreaming of driving it!

Just the summer family thing in Spain. Hating the Nissan Note I'm lumbered with. Have agreed with the wife that it's the last hire car that's coming from the top of the TravelSupermarket cheap list

I think this thread needs a picture!

Attachments

• img_0144_142.png
    img_0144_142.png
    527.7 KB · Views: 3,726
Ishay said:
Apologies the thread was on another forum and you weren't on it. Isysman was though (as the OP) and having read all 7 pages now I'm surprised he's popped up here still say 620 but never did posted the "independent" rolling road video that was promised or any other of the other proposed tests.

So, for now I think I'll choose to listen to the advice that mid-500s is absolute top with still quite a lot of work; that little, or nothing, is achieved with a remap only, and little more with just an exhaust (and that by then I'll need an expensive clutch anyway)

As a result, for now, I may not doing anything for power reasons. I'll have to see how long I can last with the stock sound though!

Instead of challening someone, just ask the bçoke direct.

He's very active on this forum so put him to the test if you want him to prove anything :thumbs:

I'd put my money on him :thumb:

And a few more

Attachments

• fullsizerender_188.jpg
    fullsizerender_188.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 3,720
  • img_0291_371.jpg
    img_0291_371.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 3,720
  • img_0293_415.jpg
    img_0293_415.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 3,720
HSC911 said:
Instead of challening someone, just ask the bçoke direct.

He's very active on this forum so put him to the test if you want him to prove anything :thumbs:

I'd put my money on him :thumb:

Wasn't meant as a challenge, he'd had a lot of work done which ever way you look at it. It was just a sudden to stop to that other thread, unproven, after a fierce debate, so I chose to listen to the majority. If it was discussed here instead, all good. Unlike the people on that thread I really don't care, hope he's happy with it...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back