Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Average annual mileage of a 997 remains at ..

I've done an average of 7456 miles a year, running the car as my only, daily and weekender. I would have done more if I didn't travel for work. But I've always done around 1000km a month in my daily, and a bit more in other cars like the big Disco and the little MINI track car.

I'll be running this car over the winter too, and I'm looking forward to it. If the sun, salt and sand of Dubai didn't kill it, then a little bit of snow and ice won't make a difference. The big cost this autumn will actually be the new garage as I want to convert the shed and car port into a proper heated garage. Not so much for winter storage, but to allow me to look after the car properly.

Recently bought an 05 C2S with 38k on the clock so average of 3160 per year.

Don't think I will do more that 2-3k per year. But I am away at sea for 6 months of the year.

As I am at the moment...... I do miss her. :sad:

Average miles for my car is 6,200 :thumb:

Use it as much as I can though - certainly not a garage queen :D

My C2 has an average of 6150 per year (MY2010) but an average of 4125 per year in the 4 years that I've owned it. I still love it to bits and plan to keep it for a long time so although average the miles don't worry me.

Probably more miles in the summer than the winter too?

Gosh I am just about average...well below maybe as I only have a 996

I average between 5500 and 6500 per annum

Wow. I must be abnormal then, as ive done 16,000 miles in my 997 turbo over the last year!

As T8 says.... this is the average mileage of Carrera's... not Turbo's :)

apollokre1d said:

Phew! :)

rabbitstew said:
apollokre1d said:

I actually expect the average mileage of turbo's to be less so yours is really abnormal :)
Are you planning on keeping it for the foreseeable future?

apollokre1d said:
rabbitstew said:
apollokre1d said:

I actually expect the average mileage of turbo's to be less so yours is really abnormal :)
Are you planning on keeping it for the foreseeable future?

Im not sure tbh. Its on 85k miles now. If I keep it another 12 months it will soon be hitting 100k which will scare some buyers and affect the value.

One argument says that if I sell it now, a "normal" owner could probably run it for a couple of years and then sell it on with still well below 100k on it and potentially not loose any money on it.

On the other hand, these cars were made for driving and for someone like myself who wants a turbo to drive, rather than worry about harming the cars value then my car could be appealing.

Ideally I wouldnt mind moving onto a 997.2 turbo pdk, but the cost to move is probably going to be at least 20k, probably more. Whereas I could invest a lot less than that having ES Motors / 9e tweek my car and just keep it.

Decisions!

T8 said:
apollokre1d said:
I'm actually surprised the annual use is the same, given these cars are getting older I guessed people would start using them as second cars or on special occasions.

Actually your first instincts were correct. The average for early cars, now 12-13 years old, is nearer to 5k than 6k per annum.

Looking back at my data from 2013 & 2015 there was a pattern that has continued. It seems that generally these cars do c25k in their first 3 years and less per year thereafter.

The same was so with the 996.

I've just analysed the 991 Carreras currently advertised and that pattern has definitely continued.

Thread resurrected as 'average 911 mileage?' seems to be the topic of the day. :wink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back